Monday, December 2, 2013

Fire of God's Word



Let's not let the business of the season keep us from God's Word.  It's a time to study and memorize the
great passages!
 
 “Is not my word like fire, says the Lord!” (Jeremiah 23:29)
 
  Gather ‘round the fire of God's Word.  It is warm. It is sparkling with colors of grace. It is healing for a thousand hurts. It is light for dark nights.

Today's Inspiration:
Good News of Great Joy
John Piper


Linking With:
 
Jesus is the Reason for the Season
Mary
 

7 comments:

Sharita said...

Love this verse-- it's new to me... And very true! Thanks for giving me a little something to ponder on this Monday. Blessings, sister!

BARBIE said...

I read through John Piper's devotional last year and really enjoyed it. I used the same photo in your post in my Christmas header. Blessings!

Ceil said...

Hi Mary! I like that idea of gathering around the warm word of The Lord. Great visual, and so true!
Have a blessed day,
Ceil

Debbie Huffaker said...

Wonderful advice, my friend. I apologize for not visiting your blog like I should...but I love keeping up with you on Facebook!!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Ooh, really love this verse! I have read Jeremiah many times but this has really jumped off the page to me this morning. Thanks for sharing! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Paula Fraker said...

This was wonderful, Mary... it is so easy to get busy and not study God's word enough. I for one need to slow down, read and reflect!
((HUGS))

Barbara said...

That was so good Mary, Have a wonderful Merry Christmas, lots of love sent your way