About Me

▼

Monday, September 28, 2026

Monday Coffee Talk

 


It was such a pretty day we decided to get out and get some things done.

First stop, the beauty shop where I got a long overdue hair cut.  Feels so good.
Then on to Walgreens, where we both got our flu shots. ouch!
And we rewarded ourselves with seafood, catfish for him and shrimp for me.
We then drove through Lomax and made our way home.

Tracey and Scott came for a visit one day last week and brought us some of their left-overs! Spaghetti and Red Lobster biscuits.  It was sooooo yummy.

I'm still working on my cross-stitch project, it will be finished soon.  I've also started a new diamond art picture; it's a pumpkin with colorful fall flowers all around. I hope to finish both of them in time for my next post, when I'll share pictures.

Today's Thought:

Be as happy as a seagull with a French fry!

Family News:

Maegan has been busy in the kitchen!

I MADE MY VERY FIRST SOURDOUGH! 🍞🙌

And when I say made, I mean MADE. 😂

This was not “mix some ingredients and bake it.” This was basically a multi-day relationship with flour and water, lots of sticky messes and more than one roll of paper towels. Made completely from scratch with a starter I grew myself!!! 🩷



I didn't get a piece of this batch, but I hear it was yummy.

Around Town:

Our little town has a new City Hall.  I didn't think it was necessary, but I wasn't ask my opinion! lol


(Photo from the internet.)

They're already tearing down the old building.

Something is always changing.😐

Bible In A Year:

We are reading in the Book of Esther. Very inspiring.

Queen Esther’s essence in one breath: She is the quietly courageous Jewish queen who risked her life to save her people, stepping into danger with humility, wisdom, and the famous resolve: “If I perish, I perish.”

Her story embodies courage, faith, and purpose — a reminder that God often works through quiet, steady hearts positioned “for such a time as this.”

Until Next Time








9 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Mary. Hope all is well at your house. If there is some of that sourdough bread left, I'd like to drop by. Just kidding but that would be nice. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on that 'scratch' sourdough, Mary. I'm applauding!
    I think a visit to the beauty shop is right up there on "feel good" moments. I'm going tomorrow, as a matter of fact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed my visit with you here!! The bread looks beautiful, and I'm sure it was delicious! Haircuts always feel good, especially when a week or so past due! Wishing you a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how nice to hear from you! I have been thinking I've been missing your posts lately...have you been posting any, or did I just miss them? Anyway, I'm glad to see you here now and it sounds like you are doing well. Haircuts always help too. I am due for another one maybe later this week. That sourdough bread sure looks good. I wonder how you could give it away after all that work and smelling it bake? I couldn't do that! I'd have to have a piece while it was still warm with lots of butter! Maybe now that you know how to do it, you can make some for you! That's some fancy new City Hall! Your Tax dollars at work! LOL. And what about Maegan in the kitchen? Did she help you with the bread, or teach you how to do it? Have I missed something about her that I don't know? Anyway, I'm just happy to hear from you, and now I'm hungry for fresh homemade bread of any kind! LOL. Have a lovely rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mary, beautiful photos and lovely illustration! The bread looks scrumptious! Haircuts are always nice! Thank you so much for sharing, dear friend. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bread looks delicious!!! My husband is the one who cuts my hair. I just get a trim though. I too am reading the Bible in a year. I do every year and have for many years. Esther is quite amazing!! God put her there for just that purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today's thought about being as happy as a seagull with a French fry gave me a big smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mary, so nice to drop by for a visit! Glad you had such a lovely day out and about, and enjoyed some comfy leftovers too. I just love leftovers, they are the best! Sourdough bread looks delicious! I make sourdough as well, and it is a bit of work, but the final result is always so good! Love the book of Esther. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!