About Me

Monday, August 3, 2026

Monday Coffee Talk

Hello August!

 The only reason I'm glad you're here is because we're one month closer to fall.  Your days are still going to be scorchers and my close relationship with the A/C will continue.

The great grands are getting ready for school!  Lots of shopping happening.  Ava Love is a senior this year and Emma a freshman.  I hope they make lots of good memories. I believe Merica will be in third grade, and Hazel will be in first grade. WoW.  Little Henry will go to preK.

The neatest thing happened last Friday night.  There was a city/church wide prayer meeting at Sylvan Beach.  I would have loved to attend, but my health issues held me back. I think it would be great if it was a monthly event.
I've learned they had a great turn-out but were hoping for many more!


I finished another diamond art . . .
“A little style, a dash of diamonds and a hot cup of coffee!

Chronological Bible Reading

Isaiah 24 - 29

“In the middle of all this prophecy — the upheaval, the warnings, the weight of Isaiah’s words — this verse caught me and lifted me. It reminded me that no matter what shifts around me, God’s character does not. His plans are steady. His counsels are ancient and trustworthy. And right there, I felt my heart rise in praise.”

It stayed with me as read, it was as if the Lord reached into all that heaviness and whispered, “Look at Me. I have always been faithful.”

Praise to God

Isaiah 25:1

O Lord, You are my God.
I will exalt You,
I will praise Your name,
For You have done wonderful things;
Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.

🕆

I like this from Catherine Pulsifer: 

August is the bridge that connects the laughter of summer with the golden dreams of autumn.


Tomorrow is our quarterly lunch with the girls and their hubbies.  I always look forward to this fun day, Peggy and Hank will be our host.



Last year they served puled pork sandwiches which were so good.  I'm anxious to see their menu for tomorrow.


Until Next Time







2 comments:

  1. Gosh, Mary, I loved this post from start to finish! Love the little school bus and the word "August" spelled out with Scrabble letters! So fun! Love the little yellow truck too. And I love your diamond art picture of the classy looking dog with his hot cup of coffee! Your August Calendar with the bird is beautiful too! I love your quotes from Isaiah, and also from Catherine Pulsifer! Good way to look at August! I see it as a transitional month too. I can't wait for fall!!! How wonderful that there was that Worship Night at the beach near you! That sounds really wonderful! And I truly love that you will have a quarterly lunch with the family at your daughter's home. I know it will be special!! Our extended family meets at a restaurant in August to celebrate so many August birthdays and Anniversaries. Our family isn't as large as yours however. I'm sure trying to meet at a restaurant would be hard for your big family! No matter where we meet, it's just good to get together with those we love and care for! I loved this post and wish we lived closer! Have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary, I love your diamond art, your calendar, the picture of Peggy and Hank and the school bus. The chicken made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!