I watched Dear Heart with Glenn Ford and Geraldine Page one day last week, and it turned out to be just the kind of light, feel‑good movie that leaves you smiling. Made in 1965, it has that gentle charm you only get from older films, and I caught it on TCM. I’d seen it once a long time ago and remembered enjoying it then.
Texas Road House
I was going through some things tucked away in a desk
drawer and found a gift card to Texas Roadhouse. It had to have been several years old. I didn’t think it would be worth anything but
decided to call before I pitched it – WoW – to my surprise it still had $25 on
it. Guess where we ate that day?
Lunch at Peggy’s was great, we all had a good time.
Hank like to grill so we had brisket, smoked turkey and salmon with lots of
sides and strawberry shortcake for dessert! Good food, lots of laughter, lots
of fellowship and lots of love. Tracey
and Scott will host the next luncheon in November.
Here I am, ready to go!
Leaving you with something to ponder . . .





Yumm to that grill fest!
ReplyDeleteYou look so chic in this selfie; I'm really taken with the 'blank-and-white' top.
I don't recall that movie, but I see Henry Mancini's name on the poster and I'm guessing it included one of my favorite tunes by the same name?
Hi Mary, I love your sefie!!! I like to wear black too and I love polka dots. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteHe is our only hope, indeed!! Amen! All that food sounds so good! I think our dinner group is going to Texas Roadhouse this week! I havent' been there in a long time, so I'm looking forward to it! I love your outfit, Mary! That blouse should be in my closet!! I enjoy the old movies, too, and especially the Fred Astaire movies. They don't make them like they used to!! I sure enjoyed my visit with you here!! xo
ReplyDeleteDear Mary, I love your selfie. You look beautiful and radiant.
ReplyDeleteOh, Mary, I love your outfit! You really look sharp!! And how great to find a food gift card that still had money on it! Wow! I like finding those kinds of surprises! Your family gathering sounds so wonderful! I'm so glad you could go and enjoy the fun and food. And that old movie sounds good too. We haven't watched any really good old movies in a while. Now I want to go look for one! Thanks for all your thoughtful posts. And yes! God is our ONLY HOPE, and we are blessed who know Him and have that eternal hope!! Amen.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice gift-a card with $ still on it. A gift given twice! Your gathering does sound like a wonderful time. It's so nice that you all plan these get together. I wish our children were close enough to be with each other often.
ReplyDeleteMy hope is ALL in God. He is my savior and my redeemer.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
I do like your selfie ... you're looking good.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan