Sunday, August 17, 2014

Near The Cross


 
Jesus, keep me near the cross,
There a precious fountain.
Free to all, a healing stream,
Flows from Calv'ry's mountain.
 
In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever;
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.
 
Near the cross, a trembling soul,
Love and Mercy found me;
There the bright and morning star
Sheds its beams around me.
 
Near the cross!  O Lamb of God,
Bring its scenes before me;.
Help me walk from day to day,
With its shadows o'er me.
 
Near the cross I'll watch and wait
Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I reach the golden strand,
Just beyond the river.


Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

Alison Krauss sings it so pretty.


Linking With:
Spiritual Sundays

 
SonDay Blessings
 
 


4 comments:

  1. We used to sing this song a lot but haven't sang or heard it in a long time. It brings back sweet memories. Thank you for sharing it.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful song. It's a shame so many of these wonderful old hymns are no longer being used. They just seem to bring one closer to God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful song, Ms. Mary. HOPE you've had an awesome SONday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that song and I really like me some Allison too! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!