Thursday, August 7, 2014

There's No Place Like Home

I was visiting one of my favorite blogs this morning and she was asking this question, where would you like to live?  
(Visit Cozy Little House here.)
Very interesting question and one I've thought about over the years.   I traveled a lot as a young girl, and lived in a lot of places.  So I kind of have a feel for different areas... whether it be the coast or rolling hills, mountains, prairies, areas with lots of trees and areas with no trees at all.
 
My daydreams take me here....

 

I would love to live in an old restored farm house.


With a pretty back porch.

 
Down a tree lined country road.
 
 
 
I would love to live closer to Dallas.  Even in my dreams I can't leave Texas, although it would nice to live where the summer temps are much cooler.  
 
That's the dream, here's the reality.

I love my hometown ~ my family is here, my friends are here, happy memories are here and my heart is here.

Mr. D and I are as snug as a bug in a rug in our little hometown bungalow.

Dreams are nice, but there's no place like home.

Until Next Time




 


7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post, dear Mary. You are right, dreaming is fun, but there is no place like home.

    Happy Thursday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great but there really is no place like home. (I didn't copy the above. I saw it after I wrote it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I wish for a log house, with modern appliances of course, :) at the end of road away from everyone. However, the barns,etc. are here and the farmer wouldn't be happy without them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother lived in a log house and just loved it!

      Delete
    2. An old restored farmhouse is where I would love to live, too. We are such kindred spirits!!!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment!