Friday, September 26, 2014

Surprised!


My phone rang early this morning and it was Tammy... 
 
Hello Mom, what ya doin'?
  
Not much, what's up?
 
Emma and I are coming over, I have something for you!
 
 
Hot Diggity Dog!
A Surprise!
 
 

 
 
 
Well, just look at this, special made just for me!
There's a story here.
 
 

 
 
As you can see, in 1964 our little town, it was little back then, celebrated it's Diamond Jubilee.  That's when this plate came to live at my house.  It was displayed for a while, eventually being tucked into a cabinet to be forgotten.
 

 
 
During the pages of time it found it's way to Tammy's house.  She must have had it stored away because I don't remember seeing it over the years.  In fact, I had completely forgotten about this plate.   I guess Tammy was saving it for this special day!
 

 
 
One of Tammy's friends from church makes these...
just search for
 
MY PARTY PLATES
 
on facebook and you'll find her there!
 
 
I love surprises, don't you?
 
Until Next Time
Be sure to stay in the Sonshine.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment!