Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Read~Pray~Trust~Obey

 I love the way God leaves little reminders in forgotten places.  He does things like that all the time. 

I was getting all my Christmas books together so they would be close at hand during the Christmas season.  When I opened one of them this scripture card fell out, it's one I made so long ago I had forgotten all about it.

Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
 
I would like to say that's my favorite scripture because I call on it often.  But how can one  pick a favorite scripture? ALL scripture was given for our benefit.  God gave us so many scriptures to call on, in good times, bad times, happy times, sad times...and the list goes on.  Stop and think about it, those scriptures are HIS words, His personal words to us ~ me and you. A personal message for each of us to have and hold and rely on....

From the first chapter of Genesis to the last chapter of Revelation, the Bible proves God is intimately involved in, familiar with, and concerned about our lives.

I've always loved this children's song, so simple and yet so true.

The B-I-B-L-E,
Yes that's the book for me,
I stand alone on the Word of God,
The B-I-B-L-E.


The B-I-B-L-E,
Yes that's the book for me,
I read and pray, trust and obey,
The B-I-B-L-E.


Listen to it HERE and you'll be singing it all day. 
It's just that kind of song!

Until Next Time
Read ~ Pray ~ Trust ~ Obey

 

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Mary. Such a good reminder. I think of that hymn: "trust and obey for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey". Hoping that you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fear not"....God breathed just for me....I can be very fearful! Great reminder, Ms. Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!