Thursday, January 28, 2016

Questions!

I had such a fun visit with Deb yesterday!
Breathing In Grace
(http://www.jeremiah-2911.com)

Memo: 
Blogger will not let me insert a link this morning. 
  Aggravating for sure!

Deb did a question and answer post that was so much fun.
  She invited us to join in if we wanted to ~  and I wanted to.

So here we go....


1. What are your first and middle names? Do you have any nicknames?
Mary Jane! 
I never had a nickname and was always called Mary until I went to work at La Porte State Bank in 1967. Yes, I know, a long time ago! The lady that hired me introduced me as Mary Jane and I've been Mary Jane ever since. Well, except for family, to them I've always been and always will be Mary!
A little sidenote: the lady that hired me became a life long friend.

2. Have you always lived in the same area?
No, not at all. My daddy worked construction and as a child I traveled, with my family, through many states. I've lived in Wisconsin, Tennessee, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Texas and Canada! We came to La Porte on a job in 1960 and I've been here ever since. 

3. What is your favorite color?
I don't know why, but this simple question is always hard for me. I think it's blue, but I really love green too, maybe magenta...or maybe red, yellow or purple!
I just love 'color.'

4. Do you color your hair?
Is that too personal?
Not personal at all. I don't color my hair, I love for the silver to shine! I earned every gray hair on my head. lol In my younger years I would 'frost' my hair, don't have to do that anymore because it's naturally frosted these days.

5. How long have you been married? 
Any children? 
Grandchildren? 
Great grandchildren?
Hard to remember not being married! Mr D and I celebrated our 53rd anniversary last December. We have three beautiful daughters and a great son. There are nine grandchildren and six great grandchildren. WoW....it even surprises me! Our youngest grandchild is 17 and our youngest great grandchild is four. AND we have three awesome son-in-loves!!

6. Favorite foods?
I loved to sit at my Momma's table to eat, she was the best cook. She always had a table full. I guess I would have to say my favorite food was anything she cooked. So since we're looking for the most favorite, I guess it's chicken and dumplings! AND banana pudding!

7. Sleep habits?
I usually don't sleep well. Health issues make me very uncomfortable most of the time. When I can I take advil pm, only one, although the directions say to take two tablets. If I took two I think I would sleep around the clock. Sometimes other meds keep me from being able to take the advil.

8. Car you drive?
We are FORD people!
(Found On Roadside Dead)
lol, just had to throw that in.
Right now we have a Ford Escape.

9. Favorite season of the year?
Always a toss up between spring and fall. Spring brings such refreshing after the harshness of winter and fall brings such relief from the summer heat.

10. If you blog, how long have you had your blog?
My first blog was in October of 2009. There's been a lot of changes, ups and downs, dry spells and lapses. But I'm still here and I still enjoy blogging and meeting so many new friends.

11. Do you have a very best friend whom you can pray with and share "secrets" with?
Mr D would be that one friend, I go to him with everything. I also have a wonderful 'group' of friends. We share so much, sad times, good times and happy times, and we pray together. We also keep a prayer journal so we might lift others in prayer.

12. Do you have a hobby?
I do, I have several things I dabble in. I love to craft, sew, read, cross stitch and work jigsaw puzzles, and of course blogging.

13. Did you do well in school?
I was very fortunate, I was always on the A honor roll. I don't think I ever made a B until junior high. My grades did drop a little in high school because I was too busy being social instead of paying attention in class. I know..bad...I just love to talk!

14. Is there something about yourself that might come as a surprise to others?
Probably more things than I might suspect. I don't think anyone realizes how easy I get my feelings hurt. Sometimes I take things too personal. I wish I wasn't like that because I love to visit and be with friends and family. Very seldom do I let anyone know my feelings are hurt, I just try to deal with it on my own, give it to Jesus, and move on.

15. Do you have any major fears?
I am deathly afraid of snakes. I can't even look at pictures of them without becoming sick to my stomach. It's a terrible fear. 

16. Are you an outdoors, or indoors type of person?
I like to be outside but I'm not one to go camping. I like being outdoors on my porch or in my yard, that's about it !!

17. And, finally......
If you could sum up your life in one word, what would it be?

Here we are again..that one word thing..
Why do I struggle with one word only?!
Forgiven..yes, but not the 'one word.'
Redeemed..yes, but still not the 'one word.'
Like so many of you who know the Lord..
the 'one word' is certainly..
BLESSED

Thank You Deb, for such fun questions!




10 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved reading your answers. And, you lived in TENNESSEE!!! How awesome is that?!?!? I wish you still did. Oh, Ms. Mary, I feel like we are truly on the same page with so many of our thoughts and beliefs....it's just wonderful to have such a special connection through the bloggy world! You are so special to me! Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb for such a sweet comment. I think we are true kindred spirits! Love you bunches too!

      Delete
  2. excellent question and answer....love your values and love that you are my friend....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, your friendship has been such a blessing to me! Hard to find the words to express my respect, admiration and love for you! A true sister in Christ. ((hugs))

      Delete
  3. Such fun!! I always answer that last one with 'blessed' because I truly am. It's the only answer that just says it all for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun reading and learning more about you. As far as I know, my blogging friends are all 'believers' and that makes it so easy to get to know each other better. Blessed is the word for many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you did this. It was fun getting to know about you. I love your blog and always feel so uplifted when coming here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great way to get to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, loved all your answers, I found that we have a lot in common and Like you I am truly "Blessed" to have found you and become friends. I am going to try and do this on my blog also.
    Hugs,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how lovely to learn more about you. If you have to narrow it down to one word, there aren't many that could beat "blessed".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!