Monday, March 14, 2016

Monday Morning Coffee Chat

A little chat and a big cup of coffee...
let the day begin!


What's going on in the political world is a disgrace, at least I think so. 
I really like what Franklin Graham has to say about the debates.

The presidential candidates aren’t the only ones who need to refocus and put a stop to the undignified mud-slinging. The media has a role in this as well. Those moderating the debates, for both parties, also need to fully focus on the important issues facing our nation. Drop the antagonizing questions that are targeting other candidates and not the problems at hand. Don’t fuel the fires of hostility and incivility. Don’t waste this debate time for the American people. These are presidential debates, not reality television. Take it up a few notches.

Take it up a lot of notches!!


I found this little verse on facebook, I liked it maybe you will too.

When we start to count flowers,
we cease to count weeds;
When we start to count blessings,
we cease to count needs;
When we start to count laughter,...
we cease to count tears;
When we start to count memories,
we cease to count years.
~ Unknown ~


Count your blessings,
count them one by one,
Count your blessings
see what God had done.


See the little peg game in the picture?  Cracker Barrel keeps them on their tables to entertain the customers ~ hmmmm  entertain or frustrate?  I love to play, I have got it down to one peg only once, I was so excited and now I can't remember how I did it !!

Leave one peg ~ genius
Leave two pegs ~ smart
Leave three pegs ~ just plain dumb
Leave four or more ~ you are an
'eg-no-ra-moose'

Most of the time I'm just plain dumb!


I mentioned a while back that GLOW was starting a study on The Circle Maker.  We finished chapter 4 last week and WoW....what a great teaching it is!

In the grand scheme of God's story, there is a footnote behind every headline.  The footnote is prayer.  And if you focus on the footnotes, God will write the headlines.  It's your prayers that change the eternal plotline.

Our God is Awesome!

Until Next Time
With Jesus by my side each day,
Satan cannot have his way!







9 comments:

  1. I love that peg game! We don't have a Cracker Barrel in Victoria and I miss it. I agree with Franklin Grahams reflection on the campaign. Every news show is driven by numbers and the hosts like to sensationalize everything. I have opted out from watching anymore. Let's just keep praying for our nation.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the reports in our newspapers it seems that the politicians are rather similar to a band of 6 year olds in the playground trading insult for insult. It happens here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never do well with those peg games either. I agree about the debates. The Republican candidates act like they're in second grade with all the name calling. I earnestly praying for our country. I don't see anyone out there who can make much difference. Enjoyed our chat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That peg game is frustrating! I'm usually dumb, too! LOL Your posts ALWAYS lift me up and I thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen on the political comments. Many people are being taken in by it all I think. I'm often reminded of the song which Loretta Lynn sang with the phrase, "...wash her pretty face, dry her eyes and then, God bless America again."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so disgusted with the whole campaign, lock stock and barrel, and Mr. Graham is so right...the media just adds fuel to the fire and it's a disgrace. If the two leading party candidates do in fact run against each other, I won't be able to vote because I've always "voted my conscience"...and my morals won't allow it. Sad...yes, pray, pray, pray for God's will...Lord, Jesus, come soon. Okay, I will now climb down from this soap box...LOL...HOPE you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I play that peg game when we eat at Cracker Barrel also, sometimes I get all but one but usely leave 2 or 3 more times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy...don't even get me going on the political season. Even my candidate got in the gutter and continues to get in the gutter--I finally told his campaign to stop emailing me. He is suppose to be a conservative Christian and he acts like ...well...never mind...

    ANYWAYS---I got off track...your posts are always full of truth and sometimes, they sting (in a good way, friend, in a good way, smiles). Thank you Mary, keep it real. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you about the politics. They all really need to stop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!