Tuesday, April 26, 2016

God's Invisible Breath

‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
Jeremiah 33:3



The man whispered, "God, speak to me."
And a meadowlark sang.
But the man did not hear.

So the man yelled, "God, speak to me!"
And the thunder rolled across the sky.
But the man did not listen.

The man looked around and said,
"God, let me see you."
And a star shone brightly.
But the man did not notice.

And the man shouted,
"God, show me a miracle!"
And a life was born.
But the man did not know.

So, the man cried out in despair.
"Touch me God,
and let me know that you are here!"
Whereupon God reached down
and touched the man.
But the man brushed the butterfly
away and walked on.

Author Unknown


  MORAL:
Don't miss out on a blessing
because it isn't packaged the way you expect.

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice
behind you, saying,
“This is the way; walk in it.”
Isaiah 30:21

Until Next Time
Counting My Blessings


6 comments:

  1. Such a great reminder, Mary! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this makes me wonder just how many awesome "whispers" I've overlooked. I really do try to be aware of Him speaking to me, but I know I'm not always observant. Thanks for the reminder! HOPE you've had a great day. Jack and I got out and about today and I'm not sure which of us is the most tired! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard this poem before, it is a good reminder to read it again. God is everywhere we only have to seek Him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this post today Miss Mary! Oh I pray I do not miss His whispers today! Jeremiah 33:3 was my key scripture when I went on the mission trip in Feb. I held onto it....and oh did He ever show me great and mighty things...some came in whispers too! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! I have heard this, but love reading it again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!