Wednesday, May 4, 2016

White Texas Sheet Cake

Sharing some 'yummyness' today!

Of course, when I saw 'Texas' I had to check out this recipe. 
I haven't made it yet but it's on my 'to-do' list!



White Texas Sheet Cake

"This cake is good to make a day ahead, and is very popular at potlucks."

Ingredients
       1 cup butter...
       1 cup water
       2 cups all-purpose flour
       2 cups white sugar
       2 eggs
       1/2 cup sour cream
       1 teaspoon almond extract
       1/2 teaspoon salt
       1 teaspoon baking soda
       1/2 cup butter
       1/4 cup milk
       4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
       1/2 teaspoon almond extract
       1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions
In a large saucepan, bring 1 cup butter or margarine and water to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, 1 teaspoon almond extract, salt, and baking soda until smooth. Pour batter into a greased 10 x 15 x 1 inch baking pan.

Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 22 minutes, or until cake is golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes.

Frosting
Combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine and milk in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Mix in sugar and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Stir in pecans. Spread frosting over warm cake.


I can just see myself now,
a large piece of Texas cake and a tall glass of milk,
or a cup of hot coffee!

Until Next Time
Let's eat!!





5 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds yummy. I'll put this on the list for college girl to make for an upcoming family gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems pretty easy to make and sounds delicious! Let us know, please, when you try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my...there goes the diet! LOL! That sounds awesome....wouldn't it be good to throw a little pineapple into the batter? Yummy! I'm late to visit....major headache yesterday. Boo! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum that looks so good! Make it and I'll be right over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a slice of that Miss Mary to go with my coffee! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!