Saturday, February 4, 2017

Live Life Joyously

Isaiah 61:10-11
 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

For as the earth brings forth its bud,
As the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth, So the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

[Sidenote: The note at top: 66 Books in the Bible,
66 Chapters in Isaiah = A Bible within a Bible.]

While reading my Bible this morning I randomly turned to this scripture.  I was just thumbing through His Word and saw this scripture was hi-lited, that means I've visited here before, which means this scripture has spoken to me before!

My soul shall be joyful in my God.
This brought my 2017 special words to mind...
Live Life Joyously (in the Lord.)

For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation.
Now this really touches my heart....the intense meaning here is so comforting.  I (we) are wrapped in HIS garment....and it feels so good.



8 comments:

  1. Good Afternoon, Mary. A beautiful passage you have shared. May God bless your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being wrapped in his arms is the best place anyone could be. My devotion was in Isaiah this morning as well. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YES!!! What a wonderful garment indeed!!! Love your Bible notes, etc. Isaiah is one of my favorite books. Right next to the Psalms...full of good news and joy!!! Yes, you are helping us to remember to LIVE LIFE JOYOUSLY!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really trying, Mary...sigh...have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I love to highlight and copy verses that especially bless me, and journal a date and how God is answering a prayer. I love this passage too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Love how God speaks to you, sweet Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone looking at my Bible might think I could use a new one. Absolutely not. I treasure my notes and underlines. A well-used Bible is the best kind of Bible. Your banner photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this Scripture today Mary. It certainly does bring comfort and peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!