Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thankful Thursday

Thankfulness is the soil in which joy thrives!


Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don’t know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you’re tired and weary,
because it means you’ve made a difference.

It’s easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who
are also thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
and they can become your blessings.

~Author Unknown

My Momma always told me to make lots of memories, because someday they would warm your heart.  As I have grown older I have found that to be true.
πŸ’—
I am always thankful for little moments
that become precious memories!

Linking with Rebecca Jo


πŸ’—


Until Next Time
Thankfulness disrupts complaining!

11 comments:

  1. Well said Mary and so very true!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tend to never look positively towards our problems or issues but there is a blessing in every thing that we go through.
    Love that picture at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I come here just to say hi and God points out once again about being negative! Hahaha Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive... Love that statement! Hope you have an awesomely blessed day, my precious friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As those who carry the name Christian we have so so much to be thankful for. I enjoyed every single line of the verse that you shared today...makes me thankful for the person who wrote it, even if they are anonymous. :-) Your mama spoke such truth!

    Hugs to you,
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Mary! I am so thankful for memories of Mom and grateful for God's hand in both our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We should be so thankful for the positive, but also the negative things that crop up in our lives. He is teaching us a lesson if we will just be quiet and listen. Memories are the sweetest, and do warm our heart. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Afternoon, Mary. Such a sweet post and I enjoyed it very much. I'm grateful for your blog friendship. Hope your afternoon is enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary, I too enjoyed your Thankful post. I'm thankful I've come to know such wonderful new friends like you. Have a blessed evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely writing. When I was young, my mom used collect all our art pieces, all books. I thought that was nothing but waste of time.. but now I can understand how much they mean..

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful words to live by. Thank you for your consistent testimony of thankfulness.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!