Monday, March 20, 2017

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

Things sure have been quiet around here this week. 
Not much to talk about, not much to share!

This is Theodora, at one time she was a Santa Claus Bear that was given to my Mother.  When Mother passed I brought her home and put her away with some of my Mother's things.  I recently decided to get her out, give her a bath, dress her up and give her a new name!  I wanted a name that would be a feminine counterpart of Teddy....I decided on Theodora.

If teddy bears ruled the world,
Oh my, what a wonderful place.
Everyone would be happy.
There would be a smile on every face.

We would picnic every Sunday
At our favorite old oak tree.
We would sing and dance and prance about,
Just playing joyfully.

We would all be nice to each other
And always lend a hand.
Ready with a bear hug,
We would always understand.

We would all be happy when something nice
Happened for one of our friends
And our friendships would last forever.
Nothing would cause them to end.

We would be kind to everyone,
Not just those in our own home,
But to everyone throughout our world,
Wherever we may roam.

Yes, if teddy bears ruled the world,
What a wonderful life this would be.
Our hearts would always be happy
As we danced by the old oak tree.


The family's been quiet all week, just living their lives each day as the Lord provides.

GLOW didn't meet this week..WoW...that doesn't happen often.  We were just all going in different directions and couldn't get together.  Our meeting this week will most likely be super duper good ~ we'll have a lot of catching up to do!!

May God go before you this week and make the rough roads smooth.  May His joy be your strength and His peace fill your Heart.

Until Next Time,



16 comments:

  1. Sorry Mary, don't know what happened. Something didn't work right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like this comment made it fine, thanks for stopping by again and helping me check this out.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I am sorry for needing to leave my previous comment. I was telling you how nice Theodora looked sitting beside your lamp! lol She looks very nice sitting beside the flowers! :) She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think today must be Monday...I should have written needing to delete my previous comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you had an issue leaving a comment! Relieved to know that wasn't the case!!! Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a great day!!!

      Delete
  5. How sweet to have your Momma's bear... she cleaned up good! Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a precious poem. Glad you are using Theodora and I know she is a sweet reminder of your Mom. Blessings to you this first day of spring! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Theodora and your poem. Wishing you smooth roads this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, Theodora is so sweet! What a nice way to dress her up and bring her out of hiding! She is extra special since she belonged to your Mama. I worked with a lady named "Theodora" at my last job before retiring! We called her "Theo" for short. Lovely name! It's perfect for your bear! May the Lord bring smiles to your face and warm memories of your mama everytime you look at her. Happy First Day of Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theodora looks very content in her new "incarnation".
    Happy first day of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...how precious she is, thank you for sharing her. smiles. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is a lovely bear, dressed up so purty! Hope you are having a lovely week so far, and that you get to meet with your Glow ladies this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that teddy bear. Love her new name too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ms Theodora looks cute and I am sure she makes you smile. I like to surround myself with things I love and have meaning to me. I have a group of women that come to my house once a week for a Bible study and Bible journaling. Have a great week Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well now that sweet Theodora is simply a doll Miss Mary. Happy Day to you. Hugs and blessings, Cindy P.S. I love your mug!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!