Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Courage

I don't think I have much courage anymore.  There was a day, long ago and far away, when I faced life's challenges head on, always ready to fight the battles that came my way.

We all have battles...some small, some not so small.  It takes courage to overcome and move on.

As I've grown older, I've entered the 'I don't, I won't, I can't' season of my life.

I don't want to face this,

I won't do this,

I can't handle this,

I don't want to think about this...

Get the picture?

Photo Source: Little Birdie Blessings Facebook Page

But God with all His Glory gives us the courage we need to change...

I don't to I do,

I can't to I can,

I won't to I will.

 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6

 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

Wait on the Lord;
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!
Psalm 27:14

The Lord knew we would have seasons where we would need His strength to handle things that come our way, things we feel so helpless to handle.  He gave us so many scriptures to bury in our heart, scriptures that let us know,  through Him we can overcome the world.

When we turn to God we find our courage.

Thank You Lord

Until Next Time
Because He Lives
We can and we will face tomorrow!
 












8 comments:

  1. Oh, mercy... I'm right there with you and not wanting to have to deal with much of anything these days. Thank you for sharing this advice and scripture, my Friend. It's came at the right time! Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courage takes Faith....something I know you have my sweet friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I think we all can relate to this, I sure can. It's always encouraging to read scripture, thanks for sharing.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always such encouraging posts! Thanks for them.
    I think the blog looks so lovely and I just love the dogs in the truck header.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure understand, Mary. I used to be braver, more courageous. New things throw me where before I took them in stride. I have to depend on God all the time. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I think we are at this stage in life where we lack courage because God is drawing us into a closer relationship and dependency upon Him. He WANTS us to find our courage and help in Him and not try to do it ourselves or lean unto our own understanding. We need to become totally dependent on Him for guidance, courage, and direction for each step of our way. So, I think some of this is by His design to draw us closer. Anyway...we are all in the same boat I think!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is the strength of my hear and my portion forever! I remember that I thought had the world by the tail when I was about 18. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post Mary. I thank God for the courage I have now as a senior citizen. He has helped me with all the sorrows in my life. Philippians 4:13 is always with me. I love your new header painting. Have a blessed evening my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!