Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Wednesday's Wisdom

I've been reading This Life I live by Rory Feek. 


The following paragraph was written about his wife,  Joey Feek.

Joey sees life like a garden.  It's not something that she's said to me, or consciously would know that she does...but it's how she looks at life, how she sees the world and makes sense of it.  Like all things, simply.  Life is a cycle to her.  A garden.  God plants us somewhere.  Then He gives us a spring filled with new life that is lush and green.  Then a summer and an autumn and, ultimately, a winter...when the world seems to slow down and the life that was new in the spring comes to an end.  I like that way of looking at this journey we'll all on.  It helps me put things in perspective.

(Joey Feek, September 9, 1975 - March 4, 2016)

I guess my Words of Wisdom for today has to be.....

Always water life's garden with the Word of God.

Until Next Time

I'm off  to GLOW 😊
On a rainy day! 😩


8 comments:

  1. Oh, those are wise words. I love how they loved and what a sweet Daddy he is to Miss Indy! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rory+Joey had/have such a sweet testimony. I have not read the book, but I do enjoy their music cd's and his blog. I hope you will enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that beautiful and so very true.
    I learned of Rory & Joey soon after my dad went home to be with the Lord two years ago and found great comfort in Joey's song " when I'm gone"
    Thank you for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that beautiful and so very true.
    I learned of Rory & Joey soon after my dad went home to be with the Lord two years ago and found great comfort in Joey's song " when I'm gone"
    Thank you for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so very true, and see each person you meet as one of God'sflowers of creation. Good post Mary thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this today Miss Mary. I kept up with their story. I would read and cry and cry and read. That little Indy would grab at my heart. Oh yes, how we need to water the gardens of our heart with the Living Word of God. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right. We have to nourish our souls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DH watches the Gaithers musical show and I've often heard Joey and Rory singing and we followed the sad story of her final illness.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!