Monday, August 14, 2017

Monday Morning Coffee Chat

This morning I'm reminded of these lyrics from an old song. . .

And the God of the good times, is still God in the bad times
The God of the day, is still God in the night

My heart is sad and yet happy at the same time.

When I had my devotion time this morning I looked for comfort for my sadness and praise for my gladness!

Does that make sense?


We really didn't think sweet MIL would make the night, her breathing is so shallow and she is unresponsive.  But, it wasn't God's plan to take her during the night so we will still watch over this sweet lady.  She is told how much she is loved, we don't know if she hears us or not. . . but I choose to believe she does!!


This picture was taken last Septemeber on her 99th birthday!  She has always been a wonderful example of living a Christian life.  She's going home at last and we rejoice in our sadness.


A time to be born, And a time to die;
Ecclesiastes 3:2a


It is so exciting to know there's going to be a new baby to love!!  Maegan hasn't delivered yet but we know it could be anytime.  I can't wait to hold my precious new great granddaughter.


Family of four, soon to be family of five!

Ava, the oldest, was telling her mom what a good big sister she is going to be.....all the things she was going to do to help take care of her new sister.  It was quite a long list and Maegan was very impressed.  When Ava was done Maegan asked her, well Ava, are you going to change her poopy diaper?  At which time Ave replied. . . No, Emma can do that!! (Emma is the little sister)


One life preparing to go and another life preparing to be born.
It's a bittersweet time in our family.

God is good and He is faithful to bring comfort to us, and faithful to receive our praise.
 The God of the day, is still God in the night

Until Next Time,

Going to warm up my coffee and study God's Word some more!!

I almost forgot, I found someone new. . . if you enjoy Bible Prophecy you might like him too.
His name is Steve Cioccolanti, he has several messages on youtube, here is a link to one of them...

Rev. 12 ~ Woman in Heaven



13 comments:

  1. 99 is great and living a full Christian life is something to be happy about. She will see Jesus soon and I know y'all take comfort in that.
    I did listen to some of Steve's latest messages after I saw Anne Graham Lotz mention him in a blog post about the eclipse. Her blog post was very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so far behind, but my heart goes out to you and your family for your sweet MIL, as well as the good news about the new baby soon to be arriving. That song is one of my all time favorites and I listen to it often on you tube. God bless you all and give you comfort at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .....and your praying for us....I will be praying for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the things I learnt when my mum died, is that the last sense to go is hearing. So I am sure your mother in law hears you even if she can't respond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary when my Daddy died for years ago, his great nephew, the last of the Tankersley men, was born that day. It is a sweet circle of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you as your family goes through this transition...one sweet soul entering heaven as another enters earth from the portals of heaven (right? I think so..God said He knew us before we were born...) The two lovely souls may pass each other on the way and give each other a High Five! I know that may sound a bit disrespectful...but I can see that happening in a way. Kind of like passing the baton in a relay. Great-great grandma passes her baton to the sweet little one entering the race for the first time. Kind of exciting. But I know your heart is heavy at the same time. Praying for your family during this time. May God's peace be your peace and comfort. Love and prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, I love what you said....they will be giving each other a high five, as one is coming down and the other going up. I do believe our little one will come straight from heaven, like you said, He knew us before we were born. Thanks for lifting my spirits, hope your day is happy and blessed.

      Delete
  7. I will go visit the link you shared!! God has blessed you all with your sweet MIL in your lives for such a long time. 99 years old. I pray that she will have a peaceful passing and what a homecoming there will be. I love that you have a new granddaughter to look forward to. It is the circle of life, for sure. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May God comfort you in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking along these lines today, Mary. We passed by my husbands late uncles rented house today and saw it sold. Sadness and such filled our hearts...here it is 7 months later, and the void is still felt. He claimed he accepted Jesus and one can pray that he did find peace those precious hours that he was unresponsive in the hospital bed...my husband sat with him during that time and my husband claims his uncle did know.

    Aww, Mary....rejoice she is going home....I am keeping you and your family in prayer, friend.

    I can not wait to hear all about the impending birth. Much sadness and happiness all wrapped in one. Love to you friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a nice comment. . . Love you back!!

      Delete
  10. So sorry about your precious MIL....I was just thinking along the same lines as what you said, how God calls one of His home and sends another sweet little life to love on. Not that it's a replacement, but it does help heal the heartache! Love you, sweet Lady...praying for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!