Monday, September 11, 2017

Monday Morning Coffee Chat



Hello Monday!!
Source: Coffee Time with Friends Facebook Page 
We have had some beautiful weather the past few days, cool mornings and mild afternoons!  Porch-sitting weather for sure and that's exactly what I've been doing.  I've enjoyed mornings and afternoons in my rocking chair on the porch, even the dogbabies love being out there, running around looking for something to chase.  Buddy Boy thinks he's going to catch a bird, he runs after them as they fly over and light on the power lines.  They look down at him as if to say, "catch me if you can!"  Of course he then has to bark right back at them, probably disturbing the whole neighborhood.

The high school band has begun band practice in the afternoons, it's great listening to them.....makes me know fall is almost here!  It's nice living so close to the school, we can even hear the football games on Friday nights.

Hurricane Harvey Trivia
It has been estimated that Harvey dumped as much as 11 trillion gallons of water in Houston and surrounding areas!
WoW

Life With Emma!
Players:
Maegan - Momma
Ava - Daughter #1
Emma - Daughter #2
Merica - Daughter #3

Emma is my great granddaughter and she now has a brand new baby sister!! Maegan told me that the other night baby sister made a 'new baby' sound and Emma said, "I think she said Emma." 

Merica and Emma

Today Maegan put this on her facebook page....
Me: Emma bring me the hairbrush please.
Emma: I cant find it, I don't know where it is.
Joe: Your sister had it last.
Emma: Which one?

Ava and Merica
My daughter took Ava and Emma to the hospital to see their new sister, when they left Emma told my daughter that they should name her new sister, "Sprinkles." 

Our Daily Bread
I'm praising God already, for stuff He hasn't done yet! Your tears move the heart of God, but your faith, and your praise move His hands! I'm saying, if you want to see a mighty move of God in your life, shake off the spirit of heaviness, dry your tears, step out in faith, praise God in advance for your victory, and just watch God work! People of faith don't wait to see results, we know how to manipulate the outcome by our Faith and the Power of Praise!
Gregory Fleck


This Week's Quote
The greatest legacy one can pass to one's children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one's life, but rather a legacy of character and faith.
Billy Graham


The Lord is My Shepherd

A Sunday School teacher decided to have her 2nd grade class memorize Psalm 23, one of the most quoted passages in the Bible. She gave the children a month to learn the chapter.

One little boy was excited about the task, but he just couldn't memorize the Psalm. Although he practiced and practiced, he could hardly get past the first line. The day came for the children to recite Psalm 23 before the congregation. The little boy was nervous. When his turn came, he stepped up to the microphone and proudly said, "The Lord is Shepherd and that's all I need to know!"


From My Heart
 

My heart and my prayers are with all those who are in the path of Irma, may God protect you and hold you close.


7 comments:

  1. Love the quote by Billy Graham and the baby is so cute.
    I like your new header too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about 61 degrees here right now....expecting rain this afternoon and tomorrow...and wind...from Irma! But, that's so much better than being in the middle of the storm. I love everything you've posted, my Friend. So happy about your brand new baby girl to love and snuggle. I'm hoping some day to have another one in our family....God willing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely children. What a blessing they are.
    I like that you can hear your high school band practice! I would love that! Would enjoy the games also.
    It;s cooling down here on the Jersey shore and mornings are chilly lately.
    Happy Monday i really enjoy your posts so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet reminder of things that are good. Enjoy the soon coming fall and the times on the porch. Precious Merica and Ava pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious...thank you Mary for the smiles you bought. I hope you have a lovely week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma and Ava look so happy and proud to be holding their little sister.
    I hope you have a wonderful week with a lot more pleasant days sitting on the porch and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh a new baby is such a blessing. We have had some fall weather but summer is back this weekend with temps in the 80s. I love hearing a band play...it just says fall doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!