Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Matt and Kaylea did something as part of their marriage ceremony that I've never seen before.  It was so precious.

They washed each other's feet.

It was to demonstrate love, service and humility. Jesus set the example when he washed the disciples feet the night before his crucifixion.

 So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you?  You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am.  If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.  For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.  Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him.If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.
John 13:12-17



Until Next Time


7 comments:

  1. What an interesting and very different addition to the wedding ceremony!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful way of expressing their love for one another! I have tears.

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of doing that at a wedding but it was very meaningful for them and for all who attended! Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an example that had to be to everyone who witnessed it, Mary. These two young people are committed to living their lives together for Christ. Thank you so mch for sharing this with us as it enables their testimony to reach out to others who would never otherwise know. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Ms. Mary, that's absolutely beautiful...such humility. We did that once at a Ladies Retreat I attended and I'll never forget it. What a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how beautiful...now that would have been a "tear-jerker" for sure...such a wonderful way to start their married life together...that is amazing. I think that should be added to every wedding...wouldn't that make a huge difference in how newlyweds view and respect and love each other? Wow. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How precious! I would have been blubbering. That is very special. If you keep that kind of attitude things should work out just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!