Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Life Is So Good

I hope everyone is enjoying this Terrific Tuesday!  I was browsing through What Happens When Women Say Yes to God  by Lysa TerKeurst and this caught my eye.

I've heard it said that life would not be so hard if it weren't so daily.  Yet the Bible says that each day is a gift from God that we should rejoice in. . . 

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

Daily adventures with God will add an excitement to your life that will change your whole perspective.  No longer is your day just one humdrum task after another, but rather a string of divine appointments and hidden treasures to be discovered.

Seeing life like this opens up God's storehouse of joy.


I have to tell you I was feeling very humdrum this morning...maybe a little bored and maybe a little lost.  I don't know why I was feeling that way.  It was a busy morning, I did my online Bible Study with the ladies from church, I worked on my jigsaw puzzle for a little while, did some cleaning in the kitchen, played with the dogbabies, had coffee with Mr D and sat outside on the porch and talked to God.

Now why was I feeling some discontent?  

Maybe Satan threw a dart, he can't stand for things to be pleasant.

Anyway, here I am blogging and keeping busy, life is so good.

Thank You Jesus!!


7 comments:

  1. Happy Tuesday Mary. I totally agree that that each day is a gift from God that we should rejoice in it. Have a day of blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all have those blah days....I find that keeping busy...just as you did, usually helps me to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your shield of faith up!!! He can't stand it that we are overcomers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, keep that shield up!! I enjoyed your post and your reminder to rejoice in each day. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have those kinds of days, and I know it is the devil's way of trying to get us down...but you did the right things to overcome his tactics...stay in the Word...and get some rest when you are feeling down. Sometimes we try to do TOO much and our bodies need to be restored and renewed. I try to remind myself of this often...This was a great post. So glad you persevered...we were blessed because of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some days it's hard to overcome the blahs I find. Mostly in Winter for me. Being able to be outside suits me just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great words today Miss Mary. I have read that book to by Lysa. Great book and study guide. I think we all have those blah days at times. My sweet motherinlove that is with Jesus used to say, "Honey, it's the mindset". Whatever we set our minds on it will be our guide. So set your mind on happy, praise, thankful, grateful and joy. But even with that being said, there's still times in our life when we just have a day! However, when I set my mind on the things above, truly seek His precious face, and try my best to think about things that are lovely and pure...I always feel so much better. Happy Mother's Day dear Miss Mary. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!