Saturday, October 13, 2018

Saturday Nine




Saturday 9: Unbreak My Heart (1996)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? I sure am! Hear it here.

This is a fun meme hosted by
You can join HERE in for all the fun!

1) Songs like this are enduringly popular in part because each of us has had our heart broken. Give us the name of a heartbreaker from your own life.
My heart has been broken many times, how can you live life and not have your heart broken more than once?

2) Toni Braxton sings that "nights are so unkind." What did you do last night?
A quiet evening at home after a very busy day.

3) While this song has Toni singing the blues, in real life her love life is happier. Now aged 50, she's engaged and has been sporting a diamond on her left hand. Do you believe that a bride is ever too old to have a big wedding?
If she wants a big wedding she should have a big wedding!  Age has nothing to with it!

4) Growing up, Toni Braxton's parents severely restricted how much TV their children could watch each day. Ironically, today Toni and her sisters participate in a reality TV show on the WE-TV network, so TV cameras are a big part of their daily adult lives. What TV show do you try not to miss?
I watch the Price is Right every weekday morning!  I love to play along with the games. 

5) She is prone to dry skin and applies Kiehl's Hand Salve to her hands and arms throughout the day. Tell us about a product you're brand loyal to.
We are very loyal to Blue Bell Ice Cream, made right here in Texas.  It is so good.
Took this picture when we visited the Creamery in 2016.

6) Toni admits to being "a bit of a germaphobe," and always maintains a supply of hand sanitizer and wipes. What is always on your shopping list?
Are you ready for this?  
Blue Bell Ice Cream makes it's way to our grocery list often! 

7) While she is not shy about her body, and has worn revealing outfits on the red carpet, Toni Braxton refused a 2011 offer from Hugh Hefner and Playboy to pose nude. What's  the last thing you said "no" to?
I told Merica 'no' when she tried to climb out of her high chair at dinner Thursday night. She looked at me and kept on climbing, her MoM intervened and saved the day much to Merica's dismay.  lol

8) In 1996, the year this song was popular, Mattel introduced a Star Trek Barbie and Ken set. Have you ever fantasized about space travel? 
No, I'll stay here on Earth thank you very much!

9) Random question -- Would you (or did you) invite an ex to your wedding?
No ex's at my wedding...our wedding was a very small family affair.


12 comments:

  1. My sisters and I used to recreate the Price is Right games in our kitchen. I love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are loyal to your special brand of ice cream!!
    I'm also a big fan of ice cream. Mostly I buy Breyers brand; I don't think we have Blue Bell in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that naughty Merica! That age is when limits are tested, isn't it! LOL I enjoyed your answers, Mary! We love Blue Bell ice cream too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue Bell has some of the BEST ice cream just wish it wasn't so expensive.... but it's true you pay for what you get. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue Bell ice cream is so good! Yummy! I loved your answers Mary! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use to watch Price is Right but I don't watch Network TV now. I really get tired of TV 1
    Have a relaxing Sunday Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby and I still watch the Price is Right. Only Bob Barker is not the host. It is Drew Carry. I like ice-cream Our town and all over in Canada since 1937 . People scream for it. Kawarth Dairy. I love Maple Walnut, chocolate, vanilla. I like Dancing With the stars. American Got Talent. That is about all I watch. Game shows. Cops Live. Only for a year now. All repeats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like price is right too, and ice cream but they don't have that brand here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary, just got home from my day with the family on the train ride. A little disappointing not the ride which was great but the Fall Foliage was still green not many colors at all. I used to watch The Price Is Right but since I dropped Cable for Roku I don't anymore. Never had Blue Bell ice cream. I'm used to Breyers. Have a blessed evening my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sisters and I used to recreate the Price is Right games in our kitchen. I love that show!

    D2bet

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember the Price is Right. There used to be a glut of game shows on TV years ago and I watched everyone of them. Now, I'd have to think for a moment what my name was! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved all of your answers. That last one though...I've never understood inviting ex's to weddings, but to each his, or her own, I guess. That's just very strange to me! Merica is adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!