Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Welcome 2019


The traditional New Year’s song,
 “Auld Lang Syne,” means, “times gone by.”

Should all acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind,
Should all acquaintance be forgot and the days of auld lang syne.

For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne,
We'll take a cup of kindness yet for the sake of auld lang syne.


Do you know the rest of this song is about drinking and getting drunk? I didn't until I was looking for the lyrics!


Life is a book in volumes three–
The past, the present, and the yet-to-be.
The past is written and laid away,
The present we’re writing every day,
And the last and best of volumes three
Is locked from sight — God keeps the key.

FYI:
The first New Year was celebrated 4,o00 years ago the ancient Babylonians.

I love fireworks, I've been watching the news as they are showing Happy New Years around the globe. Awesome!!



From Billy Graham:

"Most of all, will you pause and commit the coming year – and your whole life – to Jesus Christ," Graham continued. "Only God knows what the future holds, either for us as individuals or for our world. But when we know Christ, we know we belong to him, and we are securely in his hands forever. Let the Psalmist's words be your guide: 'Come your way to the Lord; trust in him.' (Psalm 37:5)."



Until Next Time

May your new year overflow with God's amazing love and blessings!

Happy New Year

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, Ms. Mary, that quote from Billy Graham just spoke sweet truth right to my heart and soul!!! I wish nothing but the best for you and Mr. D in 2019. I think about you so very much and keep you in my prayers. Love you dearly, sweet Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely benediction, Mary! Happy New Year blessings to you and yours!

    PS - Is that header image from your home? Soooo endearing; I'd love to have something just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know that there was more to Auld Lang Syne and definitely didn't know a verse about drunkeness. My Goodness. What next!!

    Happy New Year to you and your Mr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that about Auld Lang Syne. Interesting. I love the Billy Graham quote. Hope you have a blessed new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Mary! Happy new year, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!