Monday, January 20, 2020

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

It was a nice weekend.  I went to GLOW on Saturday and we went to eat with first daughter and her family Sunday afternoon.


When I left for GLOW Saturday morning it was overcast and misty, just real nasty and coming home it was pouring down rain.  I hate to drive when it's like that.  Fortunately I was able to stay in subdivisions most of the way home, keeping me off of the main highway.

We always meet at 11:30, once everyone has arrived we will sit and talk for at least 30 minutes before we order.  It takes us that long to get all our greeting over with, you would think we hadn't seen each other in months!  We finally order, we pray, we eat and then the fellowship really begins.  Our lunches are always 3-4 hours and we're still talking as we walk out the door.

Precious friends making precious memories.

Sunday afternoon we went to Gringos, one of the best Mexican Restaurants in town, with Tracey and Scott, the grandsons Blake and Travis also joined us.


 Another afternoon of great fun and great fellowship...precious family making precious memories.

Blake and Travis with their Sister Tara on her wedding day.

I had the pleasure of having Mr D to my left and grandson Blake to my right.  Yep, I loved it.

They have the best fajita bowl, which is what I had, filled with refried beans, rice, cheese and fajita meat.  I had the combo so I also had chicken in my bowl.  Chips with green and red sauce and a big glass of iced tea, it was a great meal.

It's been a while since I shared some coffee trivia . . .

Coffee was originally regarded as a wonder drug in Yemen and Arabia and was taken only at the advice of a doctor.

The earliest credible evidence of coffee-drinking appears in the middle of the 15th century in the Sufi shrines of Yemen.

The most expensive coffee in the world is made from elephant dung, and it's called Black Ivory coffee.  It costs $50 per cup.

WHAT???  I wouldn't drink that coffee if they paid me $50.  Nope, ain't happening!

With that thought, I'll say goodbye.

Until Next Time 






6 comments:

  1. "Precious friends making precious memories."

    😊

    I wonder what the ancient Sufis would think of us today with our k-cups and icons ☕️.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it that you ladies get together and have such a fun time. Something that few takes time for these days it seems...FELLOWSHIP. Miss Mary...I love me some coffee....but I am with you on this one! NO! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coffee sounds pretty strong! LOL. I wouldn't drink it either. But then again, I don't drink any kind of coffee! LOL. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend of food, fellowship and fun. PErfect way to spend a weekend! Your GLOW ladies sound pretty much like any ladies' group I've ever been a part of. Blessings overflowing!!! Thanks for sharing with us. I enjoyed hearing about your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't pay the prices at Starbucks, let alone $50 for elephant dung coffee! Whoa! Nice times with your GLOW group and your family. I LOVE Mexican food and that fajita bowl sounds delicious! Have a good week, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such good times with your friends from GLOW.
    Your grandsons are so handsome and your grand-daughter is dreamy in her wedding attire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful wedding photo! Your Glow meetings sound wonderful! I would so love something like that.
    I am going back to tea as I feel coffee is not doing me any good.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!