Friday, April 10, 2020

Good Friday

Today we pause to remember the sacrificial love 
 that brought us 
forgiveness instead of punishment.
 A Love that brought us 
hope, 
truth, 
freedom 
and forgiveness. 

Thank You Lord Jesus



“Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain.
John Piper

🎝Alas! and did my Savior bleed
And did my Sovereign die?
Would He devote that sacred head
For sinners such as I?🎜


At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light,
And the burden of my heart rolled away,
It was there by faith I received my sight,
And now I am happy all the day!🎝


Good Friday, a day when Christians commemorate Jesus Christ's crucifixion. 
So why is it called Good Friday?

According to the Bible, the son of God was flogged, ordered to carry the cross on which he would be crucified and then put to death. It's difficult to see what is "good" about it.

Some sources suggest that the day is "good" in that it is holy, or that the phrase is a corruption of "God's Friday".

Hope your Good Friday is happy and blessed.

Until Next Time

12 comments:

  1. It is hard to understand why it would be called good. Maybe because if He didn't die, then He couldn't rise again and that means we couldn't either and there'd be no redemption of sin.

    I'm just so thankful He was willing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 70 y/o and still struggle to comprehend the good in "Good Friday." Love your coffee cup with the reminder to HOPE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said, MaryJane. It was "good" that Jesus died for us, or else we would still be lost in our sins with no hope. I love your coffee cup and table. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always a pleasure to visit here, smiles. I hope you have a beautiful Easter my friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. We certainly need a good dose of HOPE.

    I read this on FB earlier today:

    The churches are empty, but so is the tomb,
    But Jesus is victor over death, doom, and gloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh do I love that tea cup with the word HOPE on the inside! Soooooo beautiful! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!