Friday, January 22, 2021

Facebook Friday

 Here are a few of the reasons I don't want to leave Facebook.  There are so many pages I enjoy.

This picture reminds me of my Mother.  I can see her now hanging the clothes in her special way.

I could certainly enjoy some porch-sitting here.  Lovely!

Such a pretty room.

I couldn't resist this sweet face.



A touch of snow in parts of Texas where snow is seldom seen.


Just for fun 😀

The Athiest in the Woods

Top Christian Jokes

An atheist was walking through the woods, thinking to himself,

"How beautiful the animals are!"

                                      "How majestic the trees are!"  
                                                             
"How powerful the rivers are!"

As he walked along the river, he heard rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned and saw an 8-foot grizzly bear charging towards him. He ran along the path as fast as he could, but when he looked over his shoulder, he saw that the bear was closing in on him.


He kept running, but when he looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer. Then he tripped and fell on the ground. The bear was right on top of him with his right paw raised to strike him. At that instant, the atheist cried, "God help me!"

Time Stopped.

The bear froze.

The forest was silent.

A bright light shone upon the man and a voice from the sky said, "You've denied my existence for all these years and have taught others that I don't exist. You've even credited creation to a cosmic accident. Why would you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Are you now a believer?"

The atheist looked into the light and said, "Well, I would be hypocrite to suddenly ask You to treat me as a Christian now, but could you, maybe, make the BEAR a Christian?"

"Very Well," said the voice.

The light went out.

The sounds of the forest resumed.

The bear lowered his right paw and brought both paws together. He bowed his head, and said: "Lord, bless this food which I am about to receive from Your bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen."


Until Next








8 comments:

  1. I LOVE that story!! That is so funny...and yet kind of sad because there are people just that ignorant out there for real. I loved your pictures and all of the scenes you shared. Of course, if we HAD to leave FB, we could still find those things on the internet and pinterest, etc., but I know what you mean. I try to look for the positive things on FB and am trying to stay away from the negative as much as possible. Sometimes it just jumps out at you without warning, however, and I have to run away quickly before I get sucked into it. I loved this post today. I hope you have a blessed and beautiful day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Thanks for the laugh and that beautiful puppy face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story is so funny! I laughed out loud. I have enjoy the internet so much. The pictures you have shared are great. May you have a terrific week-end. I'm so happy you got a good health report! Blessings to you,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha on the bear prayer! Love all these photos, but the first one? Wow. My childhood came rushing back in a heartbeat. In fact, I've got a threadbare kitchen towel just like those on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's a funny story!! I won't leave Facebook either, Mary, but I have started unfollowing some folks and definitely some "pages". I don't need the drama. Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've been doing, and I've learned to scroll really fast. :) Just get past the ugly and move on.

      Delete
  6. What a hilarious story. I like FB because I can keep up with the growing families of my far-off nieces and nephews. I don't see any lovely pictures such as you posted. Not on FB but I sure see them on Pinterest. I have to be careful or I can easily spend an hour just looking at lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is funny Miss Mary! Gave me a good laugh today. I don't normally see all those pretty pictures you see on FB but it has been a good way to keep up with friends and family and some groups that I am in. I do getting inspiration from Pinterest. MERCY! There are some smart and creative and talented people out there. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!