Saturday, December 3, 2022

 Saturday Night

7:40pm

I've already got the lights off except for one with a very low wattage bulb, the TV is on and I'm sitting here in my pajamas watching the Food Network.  I'm seeing all these contestants making the best looking cookies,  how do they do that?  So much talent.

Bitsy and Buddy are in their crates, down for the night.  Every so often Bitsy will walk over just to check on me.

 She would be in my lap if it weren't for my laptop already there.  It's so peaceful in the house tonight.  Mr D is in his man cave doing his favorite thing which is anything to do with country music.  I'm glad he has that in his life and has shared with me.

I have so much JOY in my heart tonight.  Just thinking of the birth of our Savior so many years ago.

Joy to the World, the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven, and Heaven, and nature sing.

The warm glow of Christmas lights warms the house and gives us a feeling of peace.  We have a star shining brightly over the nativity, a beautiful reminder of the reason for the season.

Beautiful Star the hope of rest
For the redeemed, the good and the blessed
Yonder in glory when the crown is won
Jesus is now that star divine
Brighter and brighter He will shine
Beautiful Star of Bethlehem, shine on

I hope everyone is taking time to find the peace and joy that comes this time of year.  Look for it and you will find it.


For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

 Isaiah 9:6

Until Next Time



9 comments:

  1. This is my first time on your blog. I've come over from Susan's Sayings. I like your blog header. It sounds like you're having a relaxing evening. Your husband is into country music, mine is in the living room watching sports: football, hockey, soccer... doesn't matter. :) Have a blessed rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cindy, so glad you stopped by for a visit, please come again.

      Delete
  2. I'm doing exactly what you are. I'm in my cozy night attire and having a peaceful evening. I better not watch any cooking shows, they never fail to make me hungry.
    I love Beautiful Star of Bethlehem, especially when the Judds sing it.
    Granny M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a peaceful lovely night. Yes, it is a peaceful, loving season we are entering. Sleep Tight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Mary, for this post. I hope you have a beautiful Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your evening sounds very happy and relaxing. I love to make Jesus the center of our Christmas. The nativity is front and center and the tree is off in the corner. We admire it's beauty but always try to remember Christ is first and foremost.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your words warm my heart, Mary. Like a scene from Hallmark -- only better for having included Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those quiet evenings when life has slowed down a bit and the tree lights glow. Blessings!! Wishing you and your sweetheart a blessed week ahead!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary. Blessings to you! The scripture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!