Sunday, January 29, 2023

Monday's Coffee Talk

 I have managed to get too many irons in my fire!  I've had several projecst to work on, with the intention of doing them one at a time.  These days, I work better that way.  Somewhere along the way my old self popped in and now I have 3 projects going at the same time.  My mindset gets a little overwhelmed, so why did I do that?  Oh well, life goes on.  Truth be told, the projects are small and easy.

 

I haven't had paints out in ages.  Tammy gave me these little St Patrick Day thingies that you paint.  They are so cute and will look great on my tiered tray come March.

I'm still stitiching . . . I haven't stitched in a day or two because I've been painting!  I need to get it done, it's so close to being finished.

I also have a cross stitch waiting, it's for May so I have some time yet.


Three new Charles Wysocki puzzles are waiting their turn.  I love Wysocki puzzles, I don't give these away when I'm done because I will work a Wysocki over and over.  I found these three on sale for $8.80 each, that's a very good price.  They're only 300 pieces, I like that because it doesn't take long to work them and I don't have a puzzle on the table in everyone's way.  I had a room all for myself but my son is back home and I gave the room back to him.

And then, of all things, I started a new book.  I was visiting Debbie at Millie's Cozy Cottage Life and noticed she was reading this book.  The title caught my attention and I knew I wanted to meet Dirty Sally.  I'm only 3 chapters in, I think it's going to be a great read.

For years, the town of Silver Bell, Arkansas has quietly mourned the hospital fire that claimed the lives of nine of its residents—the town doctor, a young expectant mother, and seven infants. So, when journalist Finn Hardwick is assigned the story as part of a national thirtieth anniversary memorial service, he arrives at the town ready to interview its residents, thinking they’ll be ready to share and eager to make headlines.

Around Town


This picture was taken by my son-in-law, Scott.  The red hue in the sky is not the sun, it's flares from the plants and refineries along the ship channel.  This was after the storm we had earlier in the week, industry along the channel was affected, causing them to have to do some burn off, thus increasing their flares.

Health News

Several weeks ago I was diagnosed with diabetes, :(  my levels were very high.  I asked my doctor if I could try bringing it down with diet and he gave me 3 monthes.  I was so happy today when my meter registered 104, it blinked and gave me a happy face!  
I feel so good about it, I can't wait for my doctor to know.  I just cut way back on carbs and sugar.  I've also managed to drop a few pounds which is wonderful, hope I can lose more.


Until Next Time







12 comments:

  1. Happy Monday, Mary! I hope you love the book as much as I did. It touched me and made me want to know all the characters. And I'm sorry about your diagnosis. I hope you can control it with diet. I think I'll start cutting back too. The pounds are getting harder and harder to get off! How dare them. I don't like my coffee without creamer and sugar, but I know it's not good for me. uggg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I'm enjoying my new friends, Finn and Billi.

      Delete
  2. Well done cutting your levels back, it takes time and persistence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the same kit I use. I was doing well and then started slacking. I'm trying to get back on track. So glad you are managing yours so well and losing some weight. Yay for you. Love the cross stitch. I've got a small Christmas one I need to do. But I guess I have a while on that. lol. Have a good day Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get back on track, I know how easy it is to 'jump the track!'

      Delete
  4. That is good news that you brought those numbers down with diet.
    I usually have a bunch of projects and books to read all going at the same time. Nice to have a choice of what I feel like doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on making your meter do a happy face!
    Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da ...I do miss that sweet TV show, "Life Goes On."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news getting your sugar down!! Check your medications because some of them cause a higher reading. Nice to lose some pounds too. I like your projects and look forward to seeing them done!! Blessings, Mary!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. We really like the Charles Wysocki puzzles too. Lots of detail and not too much blue sky or other plain background. Good for you bringing your sugar level down by watching your sugar intake :) GM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!