Monday, February 6, 2023

Monday's Coffee Talk

 Monday, Monday you're here again!



A hot mug of coffee
In your morning hour
Wakes the senses
Like the sun wakes a flower
The feel of the steam
The heat of the mug
The warmth in your hands
Feels like a hug

I had a great weekend.  Saturday was GLOW Day and we had a great time.  One of our dear ladies was back from heart surgery.  It was so good to see her and enjoy everything she brings to the table.  She was missed.   We're in between Bible studies right now because it's so hard when so many of us have missed because of health issues.  Hopefully we can all get on the road to recovery and get our attendance up and start a new study soon.

 I sit most of Sunday afternoon trying to put this post together.  Have you ever heard the phrase 'brain dead?'  That's what I felt like, nothing but nothing of interest came to my mind.  Then I thought, maybe I'm in the doldrums.  I looked that word up to see what it really means.

What does doldrums mean?
doldrums noun A part of the ocean near the equator, abounding in calms, squalls, and light, baffling winds, which sometimes prevent all progress for weeks – so called by sailors doldrums noun the state of boredom, malaise, apathy or lack of interest; a state of listlessness ennui, or tedium  I found several meanings and this one fit the best.

Absolutely no motivation, so I watched Gunsmoke and Laverne & Shirley most of the afternoon.  One of the channels was having a Laverne & Shirley marathon because of Cindy Williams death.  Gunsmoke is one show I never tire of, it was my Daddy's favorite show.  I enjoy the characters and feel like they are real, not just actors.  I know that might sound silly, yet it's true.  Laverne & Shirley is a fun show to watch, their antics make me laugh.

With that said I am pushing forward!

Family News

Tammy is going to Africa this summer with her church on a mission trip.  They will be giving VBS to a church they help sponsor.  She'll be gone 2 weeks and I know I will miss her, but what a great opportunity for her.  A great trip and sharing the gospel!!

Father/Daughter Dance

The three great grands with their dads ready for a great time.

Around Town

This will be a fun day.

La Porte has a million dollar winner.  Wasn't me ;(

Today's Thought:

When I'm focused on me,
It's hard to focus on He.

Today's Scripture:

“Therefore, holy brothers, partners in a heavenly calling, keep your focus on Jesus,
 the apostle and high priest of our confession.”
Hebrews 3:1


Until Next Time





 




17 comments:

  1. Father/Daughter dances...How Fun! Your family is beautiful.
    I run out of blog material as well sometimes. I know I've been busy but when I sit to type, I'm blank...lol
    Have a sweet day!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, hope you're having a sweet day too. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Monday Mary :) Basically you read the dictionary and came up with a blog post! :) Brilliant :) Sometimes I feel the same way and think "why would anyone want to read this?" But I love reading about other's lives, even when they're in the doldrums :) Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie, hope you're having a beautiful day too!!

      Delete
  3. Hope your spirits will brighten up today. Love the picture for the Father/Daughter dance. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little poem and SO true. What would I do without that cup (12 oz.) of morning coffee.
    I often feel the same way, nothing comes to mind to blog about. Just yesterday I blogged about a duck. hehe. GM

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...I never knew the REAL meaning of "the doldrums"...that it was actually a real place! How funny is that??? See? you turned your doldrums into an interesting and educational post for all of us to enjoy! And I love seeing your sweet great grand girls all dressed to go dancing with their daddies! How special is that? Wow! I never did that before! And yes, we need to realize that when we know Jesus, we've always got something to say...we just need to pray and ask Him to show us the way!! He wants us to keep sharing His love with everyone and this is a good way to do it! That's what keeps me going! I look forward to your posts, and I am so glad you got back into it again! Keep it up! Don't let the devil keep you down there in those old doldrums! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love "dancing with their daddies". How precious. I will add Tammy's mission trip to my "Mission folks" prayer list Miss Mary. Happy Monday. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great opportunity for Tammy!!
    Yes,I have heard the expression brain dead.
    Happy Monday to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh ya, I know all about the doldrums! I never knew the definition, but now in the words of a former blogger I can say, "Every day is a school day!"
    We were supposed to begin our new study this morning, but I had to miss for an eye doctor's appointment -- looking forward to Elijah by Priscilla Shirer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to do that study!! Maybe someday. I love to hear Priscilla Shirer speak.

      Delete
  9. Yes... I get the doldrums! Tammy will have a great experience, I'm sure! My church is doing a missions conference later this month and I've been asked to go to Jamaica for a mission we support. I told her I just can't go away for two weeks and pay the $1,600 on top of no pay. AND... I'm old. I have limitations and medications and I think the younger folks can do that... like your Tammy. God bless them! You are loved, dear Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree, older folks can stay home and work for the Lord, these younger ones can go on the long trips.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment!