Monday, June 5, 2023

Tuesday 4

 Candy!


 Another Tuesday has arrived bringing you another Tuesday 4 kept in memory of Toni Taddeo.    Let's discuss sweets.. candy, cakes, pies, pastries,  all manner of confections.
Thank you Annie for hosting this fun meme.

You can join in the fun by clicking HERE

1. What are your favorite candies?

I am a candy lover, although I don't eat it anymore.😔  Once upon a time, long ago and far away, I kept a very large glass jar beside my chair, full of candy!  I would fill it with bite size candies . . .Snickers, Hershey Kisses, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups . . . were my favorites.  I'm surprised I wasn't as big as the side of a barn, but I wasn't.  In those days I was a skinny minnie.

2.  What kind of pie, cake and pastry tempts you the most? 

Cheesecake, no dount about it.  Something else I don't eat anymore, and I sure do miss it.  I like pastries, I had my fair share of pie and cake too.

3. How often do you have dessert? Or how often do you bake goodies?

Mr D and I don't eat desserts anymore, therefore I don't bake anymore.

We do sneak in a Blue Bell ice cream cup now and then. The little party cups are only 3oz and we allow ourselves just one!



4.  Your choice for dessert today:

  1. New York Cheesecake
  2. Tiramisu
  3. Cannolis
  4. Chocolate Mud Pie
  5. Creme Brulee
  6. Hot Apple Pie with Ice Cream
  7. Churros con Chocolate
  8. Big Brownie with hot fudge sauce, ice cream and whipped cream.
 Which one are you picking from this menu?

How do I pick just one?  If I could, I would have the New York Cheesecake with apple pie and ice cream on the side 😀.  When I was pregnant with my first child, I graved apple pie and ice cream, that's all I wanted to eat.  

Blessings to All
Until Next Time


13 comments:

  1. Ahhh...the good old days when we could eat as many sweets as we could hold and yet didn't gain weight! I used to have a bowl of candy too.

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I raise my hand on the candy bowl too. Anything chocolate is my weakness. Especially dark chocolate.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can a sweets-loving person choose!!! Tiramisu is one of my favourites, chocolate layer cake, strawberry shortcake...and the list goes on. GM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creme Brulee...oh my...haven't had one in a long while!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess the older we get, the less sweets we can eat, at least that's my story. I don't eat much sugar at all anymore and when I do, my body doesn't like it. So it helps keep me from eating it. But I do love apple pie al a mode, especially if my mother baked it...there's really no good substitute. And bluebell ice cream is the best! But we don't eat much of that either anymore. I had to throw out the last carton because it was freezer burned from being in there so long! LOL. Maybe the little cup idea would be better for us too! This was fun! Have a "sweet day".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a big fan of candy -- but find myself dipping into Tom's stash of Junior Butterfingers more and more often. 'Right there with you about cheesecake! It's been a favorite of mine forever, but my DIL's carrot cake is a close second. Would you believe, I never tried it until 5-6 years ago b/c I didn't like carrots. (Head slap!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, carrot cake does sound a little bit awful, but it's so good.

      Delete
  7. You know what is crazy, so that when I was young I never had desserts very often. Special occasions. I love them so much now. It is a matter of time before I will have to stop eating them too. Loved your answers! Have a nice week. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all of the candies you mentioned and I like Esther Price Turtles. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Junior mints is my favorite. I still have a couple left in the box I got for my birthday last week. :)
    Chocolate cake temps me the most.
    We have one snack each evening. It is usually ice cream.
    Right now I'd pick the apple pie with ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Joe loved cheesecake and would always go for it if he had a choice. I like it okay but like custard things better!! Fun answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish sugar was one of the good food groups and was necessary for life. That's my wish at least. I'd be eating it all day long if I could. I do miss having desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed your answers. I do enjoy a dessert and don't always have the best self control but I try

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!