Monday, November 6, 2023

Monday Coffee Talk

 Don't have much to talk about today, things sure have been quiet at my house.


One of my favorite fall mugs from Jewel Tea.  Have any of you ever order from them?  It's been a while for me. I did manage to get several pieces, and then I have some handed down to me from Momma.

The weather got cold here for a while, so I moved all my long-sleeve shirts to the front of the closet, now it's warming up again.  I live in south east Texas, I should have known better.  {{sigh}}

Fall Trivia

During the fall, in response to colder temperatures and less light, leaves stop producing chlorophyll, the green pigment that helps capture sunlight to power photosynthesis. As the green fades, the leave’s other pigments shine through, such as orange and yellow carotenoids and vibrant red anthocyanin

While Americans typically use the word “fall,” the British use the word “autumn,” though both terms date around the 16th century. Before these terms, the period was called “harvest.”

The word "November" is from the Latin, novem, meaning "nine." November was originally the 9th month of the Roman calendar, which began in March

Beautiful Words from Fanny Crosby.

Oh, the soul thrilling rapture
When I view His blessed face
And the luster of His kindly gleaming eyes.
How my full heart will praise Him
For the mercy, love, and grace
That prepare me for a mansion in the sky.

Through the gates of the city
In a robe of spotless white
He’ll lead me where no tears will ever fall.
In the glad song of ages
I shall mingle with delight
But I long to meet my Savior First of all.


Last night was our first night of getting dark much too early. BooHiss  It's always hard at first, but I'll get used to it before long. It confuses my body and I don't sleep well for a few days. I wish they, (whoever they are), would just leave it alone. 

Family Time:

I love that their Momma dresses them in matching outfits, so cute♥

Today's Quote
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
Ferris Bueller

Around Town:

I am so proud of these Bulldogs!!!  District Champs!!

Go Dawgs!

Once upon a time, long ago and far away, Mr D was a Bulldog and I was in the drill team.  Oh what fun memories.


I hope to make a few of these throughout November and December.


Scripture of Thankfulness

Now therefore our God, we thank You and praise Your glorious name.

1 Chronicles 29:13


Blessings to All

Until Next Time




20 comments:

  1. Beautiful Babies! Love the outfits...
    It's warm here, as well in Central Texas.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those babies are so precious! I'm with you Mary on the time change and our S.E. Texas weather! Boooooo!!!! And the mosquitos came back with the heat! But I'm glad you're back to posting again, even if you don't have anything to say :) Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see your post, Mary!! The kiddos are so adorable in their matching outfits! Thank you for the thoughtful verses and for sharing your memories of being Bulldogs!! I love that!! Have a blessed week!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Jewel Tea pattern. I had several pieces, some given to me and some bought, that I passed on to my daughter several years ago. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard that particular song by Fanny Crosby, although we sing several of her songs at our church. I think the words are particularly wonderful where she's talking about seeing Jesus' face. Did you know that she was blind. I can't even imagine what that must have been like for her first one to see that it was Jesus! Thanks so much for sharing about the trees...so interesting. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has written some great hymns. Those words are from My Savior First of All. I do know she was blind, I think I remember reading where it was from some sort of childhood infection. Hope you have a great day too, thanks for visiting.☺♥

      Delete
  6. Hazel and Henry are just so cute 🧡🧡.
    I find I sleep less well until my body gets used to the time change.
    Have a good week. GM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad of the time change. Don't mind it dark at night - seems cozy. I like having the light in the morning!! :)
    Fanny Crosby has written some wonderful hymns and we sing them often at church.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those matching cuties!! So sweet. Love Fanny Crosby's words... how wonderful it would be to express yourself like that!! The simmer pot recipes sound cozy. Especially for these long evenings. I like sun in the morning but the getting early so quickly is not fun!! Happy Monday to you -

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our weather patterns have been mimicking yours, as well. By Noon, I had to swap my wool sweater for a t-shirt. I love how your babes' mom dresses them in the cutest outfits. Methinks they're ready for a Good Housekeeping cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And here I thought I had heard all of Fanny Crosby's songs! :-) I do love the words to this one though. I think that day when we see His wonderful face is coming closer than we can imagine. Hallelujah!
    I remember my Mom ordering from Jewel Tea. It was always like Christmas when it would arrive.
    Your sweet babies are darling in their matching outfits. I always love seeing siblings dressed alike.
    It was 24 last Thursday. Today it was 28F. I'm loving it though. I would love it to last all winter long with no snow. A silly wish, I know.
    Blessings and Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!