Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Wednesday Wisdom

 


Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

Quotes:
It's the rests that make the difference in the music of our lives.  They really are the pauses that refresh.
Steve and Mary Farrar
Overcoming Overload (2003)

When you have had ample rest, ypu will have a more positive outlook: you will be eager to move through the day; you'll make better judgments and decisions.
Bruce Bickel and Stan Jantz
Simple Matters (2001)

Today's Scripture of Thankfulness

giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  
Ephesians 5:20


We got out for a while yesterday.  It's nice to drive around and see what's going on in the world around us.  The city was busy putting up Christmas decorations, I know, I think it's early to, they just didn't ask my opinion.  Since they're putting them up I will certainlhy enjoy them, if I manage to get out at night, they're much prettier then.  

While I was out I went by the beauty shop for a hair cut, I sure was needed that.  I think she cut a good 2 inches off, it's been a while since my last cut.  It sure feels good and now I feel presentable during the holidays. lol  AND, I wanted to look nice for GLOW this Saturday.😊


Blessings to All
Until Next Time







6 comments:

  1. I always feel better after a hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That image is priceless! Thank you for blessing us with these quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since they're putting up the Christmas decorations you might as well enjoy them. That's a great attitude to take. Too many people get all upset about small things that could so easily be accepted. GM

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is my hair cutter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the thoughts and attitude of gratitude. Yes, if they are going to put up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, we might as well get in the spirit and enjoy them. Doesn't mean I have to do them at home yet, but I can enjoy them everywhere else. I bought some Christmas tissue paper today while we were shopping. My first Christmas purchase! LOL . So often the stores run out of it before I get around to wrapping gifts, so I thought I'd better get some while it's plentiful! Oh, I know what you mean about a haircut! I finally got one a week ago after probably two months, and it needed it so bad! I feel so much better with it cut! I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your informative and well-crafted post. It made a difference!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!