Thursday, May 30, 2024

Thursday's Thought

 Some of you are a little younger than me, some a lot younger!  But I think this message is good for all of us, no matter our age!

"I asked an elderly woman once what it was like to be old and to know that the majority of her life was now behind her.
She told me that she has been the same age her entire life. She said the voice inside her head had never aged. She has always just been the same girl. Her mother's daughter. She had always wondered when she would grow up and be an old woman.
She said she looked at her body age and her faculties dull but the person she is inside never got tired. She never aged. She never changed.
Remember, our spirits are eternal. Our souls are forever. The next time you encounter an elderly person, look at them and know they are still a child, just as you are still a child and children will always need love, attention and purpose."

Until Next Time


19 comments:

  1. Beautiful thought and very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that so sweet?!!
    Happy weekend!
    hugs
    Dona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember Mork & Mindy on tv? Because he was an alien their child was born "old"-- Jonathan Winters-- and grew young. Ha ha. I think that is just about right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! Thank you, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, yes!! I am so aware of the truth of this. I think inside I'm about 18 or so. The outer me is nearing 80 too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree and feel that exact same way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this so much. However, there are days that I do think I am old. My body keeps reminding me of this and it has pretty well convinced me! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is a struggle, but that little girl still lives within me.

      Delete
  8. So true. I once asked my Dad who was in this 50s at the time how he felt. He said he felt 19 and was always surprised by the older man in the mirror. I still feel young maybe because I look very young for my age. Only my body tells me I am old.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful...
    that's exactly how it is :-)
    - hug to you -

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!