Here we go again!
Playing along with July Photo-a-day with ChrissyT.
July 22nd
Today's Word: Tree
Once again, I'm sharing a picture by Tammy, taken on one of their road trips.
I love this picture, Texans love Texas💗.
This crepe myrtle lives in my front yard, it's so pretty when it blooms.
This one was taken by Rusty on one of his walks around town. We have walking paths throughout our community.
🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
We are alert to the storm brewing in the gulf. Her name is Bertha and she's chugging along at a slow pace. We are dead center in the cone, but forecasters are predicting a minor impact to our area. You really never know for sure what they're going to do, I've seen them intensify and veer onto another course. It's just a matter of staying alert and being prepared.
Along with The Price Is Right, I also watch Jeopardy each morning. It's challenging when you try to play along . . . as I do. It's seldom I have the answer/question, but the other morning I got 4 right. I was so proud of myself. lol
Dinner yesterday was a baked potato, fully loaded, from King's Barbecue, one of my favorites. It didn't disappoint; it was so good.
The heat is still keeping me inside and I am missing being on the porch in my swing. Seems the heat is bothering my breathing more this year than in the past. {{sigh}}
The girls and I are continuing our chronological Bible daily readings. One of the scriptures on yesterday's reading was Psalm 46, even though I've read it many times, it still speaks to my heart.
Psalm 46
God is our refuge and strength,
2 Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
3 Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah
4
There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
5 6 The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.
7
The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah
8
Come, behold the works of the Lord,
Who has made desolations in the earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.
10
Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!
11
The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah
Until Next Time





I love Crepe Myrtle, such lovely colours. I had several bushes in my garden in France.
ReplyDelete