Monday, August 31, 2026

Monday Coffee Talk

 August 31, 2026

Because of the summer heat my time outside has been very limited.


I've missed being outside, spending time in the swing.


The other day I saw my swing from the window and decided to brave the heat and go sit on the porch for a while.  Breathing the hot air is so uncomfortable because of my COPD, so I didn't stay out long.


I could see that the heat has taken it's toll on some of the plants, even though Mr D waters regularly.


Even with the temp gage saying 98* it was nice just to be outside.


You can see the heat damage here, but this little plant is holding on. I moved it to a different location and I think/hope it'll do better.


I was about to go in when I had a visitor!


I was sitting in the swing and didn't noticed a little squirrel came to visit.  I just happen to look up and there he was, about 5 feet away, just staring at me.  I wanted to get a picture but knew if I moved he would scurry away. So we sat there and stared at each other. Eventually he turned and ran down the fence board and off to the treetops.  I hope he comes again.

Sometimes the best therapy is simply stepping outside and admiring what God created.


“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”

Lamentations 3:22–23, ESV


Happy Birthday shout out to my grandson Matt, and great grandson Henry who is 4 today.


Goodbye Dolly Parton, I will miss you.🦋


Goodbye August, I'm not sorry to see you go! Take this heat with you.


Until Next Time

If we never meet again this side of Heaven
As we struggle through this world and it's strife
There's another meeting place somewhere in Heaven
By the side of the river of life.



13 comments:

  1. I love this. I know what you mean about sitting outside in this hot weather. It's just not comfortable at all. I am sure looking forward to some cooler weather. I love that you had a little visitor. Maybe he was looking for something to eat. I'm sure you know if you put out birdseed with sunflower seeds or corn, he'll be there...or peanuts. But once you start feeding them, you can't get them to leave...like most critters. Happy Birthday to your grandson and great grandson! What fun! And yes, Dolly sure made a huge impact on this old world! I can't believe how much people are still talking about her life and death and where she is today. It's opened up a lot of conversations about heaven for sure!! I hope you take care and have a pleasant rest of your week, and try to stay cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary, I have spent a lot of time indoors because of the heat 🥵 and humidity. I am very grateful that the weather is cooler and more comfortable now here in Montreal.
    Dolly Parton will be seriously missed, she was a kind, down to earth person who did much.
    Your photos are beautiful.
    Thank you so much for sharing. I am very happy to see your post, my cherished friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not porch sitting weather here, either!! Come on Fall!! Happy birthday to your birthday boys!! And RIP Dolly!! Have a blessed week ahead, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Monday Mary. We woke up in a campground in Helena, MT this morning and it was 44F! It was so wonderful after the heat of the summer. Right now we're driving through the mountains on our way to Spokane, WA for a month long visit with our friends and church family there. We sure do miss them, even after being in Omaha for five year, this still feels like coming home.
    Our friends are having a 48th anniversary part for us tomorrow night. I can't believe this wonderful man has kept me around for 48 years but I'm very grateful to the Lord for giving us each other to live this life.
    I'm glad you were able to go outside for a little while. I understand the heat. I can't stand breathing the humidity in either.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful that you're on this great trip, going to visit old friends and places. May God give you safe travels and a great time.

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry the heat has kept you from being outdoors. We had a few days of 100degrees but really it was not too bad over all and now it's very cool especially at night. I wish I could make your weather better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie, such a sweet thing to say. Sending you a ((hug)) .

      Delete
  6. The intense heat has had such an effect on gardens. Even fruit trees have suffered, ripening far too early. I can imagine sitting on your porch must have been a bit trying for you, but its so pretty there! Even the squirrel thought so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to pop by and say HI. Al;so to wish you a cooler September with lots of porch sitting days!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes! I'm right there with you on this crazy heat; it just sucks all the motivation right out of me. I love how that little squirrel stopped by to say "hello" ... don't you ever wonder what they're thinking?
    Happy Birthday blessings to Matt and Henry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I was thinking as he was staring at me right in the eyes. lol

      Delete
  9. You are just going into sitting on the porch time, and my days are numbered. :). It will be getting too cold here soon. I'm enjoying the porch while I can.
    Happy Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liked, :"Sometimes the best therapy is simply stepping outside and admiring what God created."
    Happy Birthday to Matt and Henry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!