Friday, August 29, 2014

Saga of the Plastic Shopping Bags

Once upon a time, about a year ago, Tracey and her family came for a visit.  For some reason I can't even remember, Tracey needed a plastic grocery bag.  So she asked me where I was keeping them these days, and I told her and went about whatever I was doing at the time.
 
Then there was laughter....lots of laughter....what is she laughing at.....oh dear, she's laughing at me!
 
I almost hate to tell you why......
 
I'll just show you!

 
 Yes friends, I fold my plastic bags.  I think I must have an excessive neatness disorder? 



 
Or maybe I'm just a crazy lady!

There we stood in the kitchen, Tracey laughing at me and I was laughing at me too. We laughed until we cried!
 
Tracey has always had a way of making one syllable words into two syllables when she is trying to make a point. 
 
 Tracey,  "Mo-om, I can't believe you do this!"

Has it really been that long since she left home for a life of her own?  Obviously she doesn't remember the neat freak that raised her!



After all that laughter and teasing, I still fold my bags!

With that said, I think I have found an end to my saga. 

 I was visiting Stephanie @ The Enchanting Rose and just look what she made!


 It's a plastic bag holder, isn't it beautiful? !!

I'm in love.

I'm going to make one, and then no more bag folding for me. Stephanie makes it easy with her step by step instructions.

Crumbled bags will not be a problem when I have something this pretty to store them.
 
  
Tracey and Me last Christmas!
 
 
Tracey is going to be so proud!
 
Wishing you Happy Days
Until Next Time
 


3 comments:

  1. How funny! I wish I had inherited the neatness gene from my Momma! I love that bag holder! Show yours when it's finished! HOPE you have a great Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! Oh you made me smile, sweet lady :) My mom would do something like folding her bags so you remind me of her. And may I just say your bags look very nice :)
    Before I made the bag holder mine were shoved under the kitchen sink in a bigger bag and the smaller bags usually fell out - it was awful!
    I do hope we get to see your bag holder when it's all done as I know it will be beautiful :) Have a wonderful long weekend! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have put me to shame with your plastic bags! I may get motivated and do something this neat instead of stuffing them into one bag. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!