Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Blessed Assurance

The Scriptures teach that we can know with absolute certainty that we have the life of God within us....
 
By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us His Spirit.
1 John 4:13

 
 
 This confidence is not based on inner feelings or outward signs. Rather, this “blessed assurance” is founded upon the promises of a faithful God and this inspired Word. It depends not on the amount of our faith but on the object of our faith–Christ Himself!

“Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith. . . .Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.”
Hebrews 10:22-23
 
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
 

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.



Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
 
Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
 
 
Lost in His love, doesn't that sound wonderful?
That's where I long to be,
that's where I long to stay.

I enjoy listening to Third Day perform this old classic.
Blessed Assurance ~ Third Day
 
 
Linking With:
Titus 2sdays


Let's rest in the Blessed Assurance of Jesus Christ.

Until Next Time



2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment!