Monday, December 8, 2014

You ~ Good ~ All

I've got so much going on right now I feel like I meet myself coming back!  I try to avoid it, but this time of year things can really get out of hand.  I have been so busy during the day that at night I melt into a puddle of tiredness.

With all that 'busy-ness,'  time spent praising the Reason for the Season always stays at the top of my list.  I am reminded of what I heard someone say...the Reason for the Season should not be limited to this time of year.  All year long is the Reason for the Season.  Very true indeed.
 
I've been reading The Purpose of Christmas by Rick Warren.  I will confess I sorta fell out of favor with Rick Warren.  Some of his actions not long ago didn't set well with me and I struggle to know what to believe and what not to believe about his actions.  The Holy Spirit has put on my heart to move on and let God handle it.  Well, OK, that's what I'm going to do.  With that said, this book is an awesome read giving us wonderful insights and understanding of
The Purpose of Christmas.
 
You may have never realized that every time you check your calendar or refer to a date or write one down, you are using Jesus Christ as your reference point.  Because of Jesus, history is divided into BC (before Christ) and AD (anno Domini, in the year of the Lord).  Every other event in history and every event on your calendar today is dated by how many days and years it has been since Jesus Christ appeared on earth.
 
Even your birthday is dated by HIS birthday.
 
Have you ever looked at a calendar in that way?  Those months, weeks and days that you see are all from the day our Lord was born.
Every month, week and day is the
Reason for the Season.
 
Thank you Rick Warren for this great reminder.
 
 
To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1
 
I've eaten the cookies, drank all the coffee and enjoyed my time with the Lord and with you!!
Time for me to get busy with my 'busy-ness.'
 
Until Next Time
The good news of Christmas is worth celebrating for 3 reasons...It is personal: "I bring YOU."  It is positive: "GOOD news of great joy."  And it is universal: "for ALL the people. (Luke2:10)

 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful reminder of the TRUE meaning of CHRISTmas, Ms. Mary. HOPE your day isn't too, too busy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!