Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Join me for:
The Simple Woman's Daybook

TODAY...
 
Outside my window...
I see the dogbabies playing and hear them barking too!

I am thinking...
About my Momma, she's 100 years old and sometimes she doesn't remember who I am.  But I'll always know who she is.
Here she is at 95, holding her great, great granddaughter.

I am thankful...
For the loving God I serve.

In the kitchen...
I have so many new recipes I want to try...I need a trip to the grocery store!

I am wearing...
Still in my pj's...you can do that when you retire.

I am creating...
Several projects right now.  I really need to finish a cross stitch I started before Thanksgiving.

I am going...
To heaven some sweet day.
What a day that will be,
When my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand,
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

 
I am wondering...
If it's going to be warm enough to turn on the A/C today.  Crazy Texas weather, we go from winter to summer in a matter of minutes!
 
I am reading...
Just started reading this book, I think it's going to be a good read.
 
I am hoping...
To go junkin' this week.  We haven't been in while, it's so much fun.

I am looking forward to...
The next family 'get-together.'  I love when all the family is together.  4 great kids, 3 awesome son-in-laws, 9 special grandchildren and 6 beautiful great grandchildren.  A couple of sweet girlfriends and a boyfriend too.

I am learning....
Patience, my special word for 2015. 
Time to slow down and smell the roses.

Around the house...
It needs a good cleaning, maybe spring cleaning a little early.

I am pondering...
How to handle a very touchy situation.  Let me say, I'm praying as I ponder.

A favorite quote for today...
 “If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed. If you look at God you'll be at rest."
Corrie ten Boom

One of my favorite things...
There is so many things I enjoy, it's hard to pick a favorite.  I know at the top of my list ~ a good Bible study with my girls or friends or both.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Go be with Momma ~ love
Buy groceries ~ don't love
Go junkin' ~ love
Doctor's appointment ~ don't love
and whatever else comes along.

A peek into my day...
The best part of my day is the mornings.  Mr D and I get our coffee and laptops and sit in our recliners and just be together ~ commenting on different issues and sharing our heart.

My picture for the day was taken just a few blocks from our home.
The boat ramp @ Sylvan Beach
 
Until Next Time
It's the simple things in life that mean so much.
 
 


7 comments:

  1. I cross-stitch too. I am so happy to find other people who do it too! I have to ask though, what is junkin'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary, thanks for stopping by. Isn't cross stitch fun? I love it. Junkin' is going to thrift stores, resale shops, antique stores and where ever we can find old things. I love to go, it may be junk to some but it's treasures for me. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Love the quote by Corrie Ten Boom. I want to go junkin too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on down and let's go! We sure would have fun!

      Delete
  3. Oh how I've enjoyed this, my Friend....a look into your day. I love your kitchen....the blues and reds. Prayers for your Momma ....and you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Mary,

    I know what you mean when you speak of the new recipes you want to try...and the need to go to the store. :) I have been trying out new ones also.

    Praying for you as you go to visit your mother.

    Loved the picture (and quote) of Corrie Ten Boom. What a precious testimony she had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy junkin too :) My niece lives in texas now and she was commenting on the beautifully warm weather, enjoy! So sad your mom doesn't remember you, but it must be still nice to visit with her, my mom passed away of mini strokes and I am not sure she knew who I was at the end, she couldn't communicate with us anymore, so hard to see them go that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!