Monday, May 18, 2015

Porch Sitting Again!

I enjoy porch sitting this time of year.  With the plants all around me, pretty clouds in the sky and the birds chirping away in a distant tree, a wonderful place to sit and talk with God.
I really like this quote by Thomas Merton ~
If you want a life of prayer,
the way to get it is by praying.
Makes sense to me!
Prayer is simple; it's like quietly opening a  door and slipping into the very presence of God, there is the stillness to listen to His voice; perhaps to petition, or only to listen: it matters not.  Just to be there in His presence is prayer.
'The Heart of a Woman Who Prays'
 How do you spell relief?
P  R  A  Y  E  R
As we make our request known to God through continued prayer we experience the peace of God!
 'What's in the Bible for Women'

God listens.  Your voice matters in heaven.  He takes you very seriously.  When you enter His presence, He turns to you to hear your voice.  No need to fear that you will be ignored.
God listens,
Intently,
Carefully.
'Grace for the Moment'
Max Lucado
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7
 Until Next Time
 
I'll be on the porch,
praying,
meditating,
enjoying the flowers,
watching the dogs play,
and
just loving the day the Lord has made!
 
Wish you were here!
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how I wish I were there, too! Beautiful flowers and so peaceful...enjoy your porch sitting, my Friend. HOPE you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary, we are kindred spirits, I love to porch sit, if I was your neighbor we could sit together all day.
    I love to listen to all God's gifts, the birds, frogs and all nature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you Mary! Thanks for stopping by! We enjoy porch sitting too, what a beautiful post. I am going to add you to my reading list. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going out on the porch now, Mary! :)

    "Thomas Merton ~
    If you want a life of prayer,
    the way to get it is by praying."

    Hahhaha....hard to argue with that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great words as always. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like sitting on the porch especially on Sunday mornings before church having my coffee! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!