Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Clear Command

I enjoy my birdhouses on the fence.  I made them last year from scrap lumber Mr D had in his shed.  He did the sawing and I did the painting! 
 
 
Something cute to look at while I'm rocking on the porch.
 
I was shopping at Mardel's Christian Book store recently and found some great books on their 'everything's a dollar' table.  I've never been one to turn away from a bargain so I loaded up!  One of the books I purchased was Let Hope In by Pete Wilson.  I've been scanning through the pages and these paragraph's caught my attention....
 
A Clear Command
Life is one giant lesson in love.  It's not about how much we get (acquisition), how much we do (accomplishment), or much we earn (achievement). It's not about all the other things we're told life's about.  God put us on this earth to learn to love.  We were created to receive love and to give love.
 
Jesus says the two most important things in life are:
1.  Learn to love God with all your heart.
2. Learn to love everybody else.
 
He says if you get that, you've got life. 
If you don't get that,
you just wasted your life.
 
Love is what life's about.
Love is the name of the game.
Love God.
Love others.
 
Matthew 22:36-40 (ESV)
 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?”  And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.  This is the great and first commandment.  And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.  On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” 
 
 
Until Next Time
Love to All

 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Words of wisdom....love your birdhouses. So colorful and bright. I'd love to porch sit with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yes Deb...we sure would have a wonderful 'porch sitting' visit !!

      Delete
  2. Squealing with delight over your birdhouses, Mary....we were just discussing this (your words of wisdom thought for today) after a much disasterous (sp?) yesterday morning of dealing with some family issues---yes, indeed, we are to love our neigbors, but also, love the sinner, not the sin.

    Have a Blessed Thursday, thank you friend for always shining the light. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda for such a nice comment. Sure hope those family issues are resolved very soon.

      Delete
  3. Mary, I love the wisdom you are sharing in this post, and the bird houses are beautiful! It has been pretty hot and humid here in Montreal but thank God yesterday and today are much better; very little, if any, humidity and I always do better on these days.

    I added a poll on the upper right hand column on my blog, and it would mean so much to me if you would respond to it; if you wish to. All votes are anonymous, so nobody will know who is voting for what.

    Thank you so much for all you share, God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea to make the bird houses out of scrap. They do brighten up your fence! Love your message!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mary...how I needed to read this beautiful reminder today...I love the quote you shared...so true!
    And oh! How sweet are your bird houses! So cheerful!
    Have a blessed weekend and much love!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!