Thursday, September 10, 2015

Daily Walking Close to Thee...

 
Walking with God implies a spiritual mindset.
 
A wonderful old song that you don't hear much anymore.  I think new is good, but why do we have to throw out the old? 
Just pondering!   

Just a closer walk with Thee

I am weak but Thou art strong
Jesus keep me from all wrong
I'll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee

Just a closer walk with Thee
Grant it Jesus, is my plea
Daily walking close to Thee
Let it be dear Lord, let it be

When my feeble life is over
Time for me will be no more
Guide me gently, safely over
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore

Just a closer walk with Thee
Grant it Jesus, is my plea
Daily walking close to Thee
Let it be dear Lord, let it be


For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Eph.2:10

Walking with God implies progress and growth.

Walking with God means to keep step with him. It means to want to be near him. It means believing that the effort required to keep up with God is worth it.

Walking with God implies a right relationship with God.

Until Next Time
Walking with Him

 

3 comments:

  1. As much as I love the modern Christian songs, I still adore the old hymns and this is a favorite. Great words of wisdom, Ms. Mary! Love you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song. I'm one who isn't always comfortable with the rock-like Christian music we hear today. I love the old hymns and good old-fashioned gospel best. This song happens to be an old favorite and I know the words by heart. Thank you for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mary, for sharing this great old hymn, I love the words and say it as a prayer sometimes. We all need a closer with our Lord today and everyday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!