Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Foto Friends

Several months ago we had Tropical Storm Bill come for a visit.

Thankfully there wasn't too much damage in my area.


In this picture you can see how high the water came by the debris line.  Also, there are boat ramps/piers here that you can't see because the water is still high.


This is a pier where the water is just over the top.  See how choppy the water looks, and we waited until the storm had quieted down before we got out to take pictures!


I love this picture.  This crane was standing firm in the mist of the storm.  He wasn't wavering a bit.

Ya know, we can do that too.

Stand firm in our storms of life.

How?

By knowing Christ Jesus as our Lord and Savior.

2 Chronicles 20:17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you


2 Corinthians 1:20-22 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.


Today is GLOW day!  WooHoo
God Loves Older Women

We're just a group of old friends who meet every week for lunch, sistership and Bible Study.  Such a blessing to call these ladies friends!


Today I'm linking with Deb over at
Breathing In Grace
http://www.jeremiah-2911.com
for Friday Foto Friends

Stop by and say Hello!

Sorry, I couldn't not get the 'add a link' to work, after numerous tries I gave up.


Oh, one more thing, one more scripture.
Whenever I'm in a storm, I call on Isaiah 41:10...

Fear not, for I am with you;Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’


A scripture that always calms my storms.

I've had so many issues with blogger on this post.  Different font sizes, spacing and add a link all out of control and refusing to be corrected.  grrrr


Until Next Time
Standing Firm With God







6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time with the GLOW ladies, as I am sure you will. I think Blogger and perhaps Facebook, are doing updates for the new year. Maybe things will calm down soon...at least I can hope they will. Blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had more problems with this crazy link-up....maybe God's trying to tell me something. :( It's fixed now....HOPEfully....and, I added you. I'm soooooo sorry, sweet Lady. I know it had to be frustrating...for me, too! Loved your pictures...especially, the crane standing strong in the storm and your scripture telling us how to stand strong, too! HOPE you have an awesomely blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Deb, don't be discourgad! I think must of my problems with this post was truly 'blogger' related. Did you notice the spacing and print size issues too? Just one of those things. Hope you have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  3. Blogger is being Blogger...that's all I can say about that (wink). I always enjoy your posts and I really like your new look here...and don't get discourage--we are all having issues with Blogger. Regardless, Many Happy Friday Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your GLOW meeting! It always sounds so fun! I LOVE how you always turn us to Jesus Christ when you post. You just so easily slide us right into it...standing firm in our storms of life! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you persevered and didn't give up on the post. It was wonderful. God is with us in the midst of our storms. We do not need to fear. He will never let us down. Thank you for this refreshing message. I love your "GLOW" group. What a neat idea! I love the name. Is that a local name only, or is that an organization? Love the idea.
    Have a blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!