Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Heart Gifts

I sure have been draggy today, haven't felt good, yet haven't felt bad either. 
I feel like I'm stuck somewhere in the middle.

Taking an easy route for my post today.
I just looked up a poem by
Helen Steiner Rice
for you to enjoy.

"Heart Gifts"
Helen Steiner Rice

It's not the things that can be bought
that are life's richest treasure,
it's just the little heart gifts
that money cannot measure....

A cheerful smile, a friendly word,
a sympathetic nod
are priceless little treasures
from the storehouse of our God....

They are the things that can't be bought
with silver or with gold,
for thoughtfulness and kindness
and love are never sold....

They are the priceless things in life
for which no one can pay,
and the giver finds rich recompense
in giving them away.


      Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”
Matthew 19:21

Until Next Time
Blessings!

9 comments:

  1. Praying that you get to feeling better...beautiful post, Mary....thank you for taking the time to visit me on my blog...I keep forgetting to say that. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her poetry...but Love you more. Prayers you have a peaceful day and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sending you a cheerful smile and a sympathetic nod, praying you are feeling energetic soon! Take care of yourself and take the day off for yourself!
    Hugs and much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Helen Steiner Rice. I used to really enjoy those Ideals magazines, full of poetry and beautiful photos. Do you remember them? I don't know if they are still around, or not. Hope you start feeling more like your wonderful self!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray you feel better soon. I have days like that but it is usually due to cold, cloudy weather. I love Helen Steiner Rice. Thanks for sharing!

    Grace & Peace

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful poem...and hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe...what a sweet poem. Love it Miss Mary and hope that you are feeling better. You might be like I was one day last week. "I just had the Can't Help It's". Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!