Monday, January 4, 2016

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

Winter has finally come to my little town!

After a record breaking 80 degree Christmas Day, we are now having more normal temps for this time of year. So enjoyable for those of us who love the cooler temps of winter.


I'm enjoying my coffee this morning in this pretty mug.

Have you noticed how much I love pretty coffee mugs and cups ? !!


I stumbled upon the best website:

I've been listening to Max McLean read from the Bible everyday. 
I love his voice, he does a really great job. 
You can also read along with him, I really like that!


Life is beginning to get back to 'normal' around here.

Looking forward to lazy days at home and the monotonous routine of everyday life.

More time to study God's word...I always feel better after a little talk with Him.


I love this quote by Richard J. Foster:

The discovery of God lays in the daily and the ordinary,
not in the spectacular and the heroic.
If we cannot find God in the routines....
then we will not find Him at all.

So very true.


If you want peace in this troubled world...

Let the Lord be your routine!

We were created to have fellowship with God – He died so we could be in a relationship with Him. Spending time with God is so fulfilling , but sometimes it's not easy. Satan knows how to throw his darts to interrupt your (routine) daily time with God. So put your armor on every morning, give Satan the boot, and spend time with the One who is your best Friend.

Sure makes ya feel so good!

Philippians 4:6-7
 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Until Next Time
Talk to God just as you would a close friend.










8 comments:

  1. Love your encouraging post,Mary, you are always right on the scripture when it's needed, isn't God great!
    I like your new coffee cup and the way you position it to take the photo so the birdhouse hole is seen through the cup handle.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that mug, Mary. Very cold here (-2*) and with 6-7 inches of snow on the ground, finally!!! Thank you for your encouraging posts, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My morning coffee was delicious....in an owlie mug!!! It's cold here, too...31 degrees this morning. My body doesn't like cold!!! I'm ready for a pretty snow, then springtime!! LOL HOPE you have a great Monday, sweet Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pretty mug. I have had my coffee in my Starbucks cup and went to the website you mentioned. It is very good and I bookmarked it to read each day as well. Thanks for sharing. Blessings to you this beautiful winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post. Great words hear. I love your mug. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mug is great! It is always good to be reminded about how easy it is to talk to God!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post - great rooster mugs and plate - those would be fab in my kitchen too. And including the most important thing in your routine is quite wise, I need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mary! I am so glad to discover your blog today. Thank you for stopping by my "place" earlier so that we could get acquainted. I love your mug...so bright and cheerful...and I love your thoughts shared as well. I feel like I've just sat down with you in your kitchen and had a nice visit over a cup of tea (or coffee). What a delightful way to start the day..with a routine that starts with time spent with Jesus and a good friend. Thank you for blessing my day with your presence! I look forward to future visits soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!