Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Renae's Taco Bake and Billy Graham!

I almost waited too late to purchase a 2016 calendar that I would like.  ~sigh~  I usually get a new calendar in late fall, when the pretty ones are just coming out.  This year it was the end of December before I even started shopping for one.

Because I had a 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby, that's where I went....
after looking through the picked over, only ones left in the rack, I found one I thought would do, certainly not a first choice!  Yes, I'm very picky about my calendars.  lol

Here is the January picture.....


And here is the recipe for that yummy looking casserole.


Cute enough for my kitchen...I always hang my calendar close to the coffee bar, that way I can see what day it is first thing in the morning.  It's surprising how one day runs into another when you're retired!


For my devotion today, I turned to Billy's Graham's, "Unto The Hills."
I purchased this devotional in 1999 and I still refer to it often. 

Excerpt
God does not judge us by our success.  Our value comes from the fact that God made us and Christ died for us. And so, whether we have things or not, we are valuable to God.

God has shown the value He has placed on you by sending His Son to redeem you.

Ya know, after all these years it is still so hard to comprehend what He did for us. 
He didn't die a quick painless death....



He hung on a cross for 6 hours....



He was thirsty....



He hurt....



He suffered....



Who am I that He should do that for me?

*

*

*

*



Blessed beyond measure....

Thank You Jesus...


What is man, that thou art mindful of him?
Psalm 8:4


Until Next Time
Put Jesus first in your life,
and turn your life over to Him.








7 comments:

  1. First, thanks for the recipe...Second, thanks for the devotional....Third, thanks for your sweet friendship!!! ;-) Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coming to your blog every morning, as it is so uplifting. Thank you. Have a good day. Glad you found a perfect calendar for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a Gooseberry calendar? Just wondering....looks like my cookbooks, which are Gooseberry. ANYWAYS--I always enjoy visiting you...beautiful devotional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, after so many years of being a Christian, it is hard at times to comprehend He could love an old sinner like me, but for the Grace of God I am loved.
    Have a blessed day,Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The taco bake does sound good!! Your devotional choice is excellent and I wonder all the time....why me. But aren't we so blessed?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute calendar. Love your thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so unique..the excerpt from Billy's devotional....it goes right along with a devotional I read this morning! YEP...I notice these little God given moments! LOL! Love your calendar Miss Mary! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!