Friday, September 2, 2016

Birdhouse Review

One ~ Two ~ Three ~ Four ~ Five Little Birdhouses!

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was busy painting birdhouses.  They're finally finished and ready to hang on the fence by the back porch.  I've been waiting....but we've had rain and more rain and the fence stays wet.  I don't want to hang them on a wet fence because it would take forever for it to try between the birdhouse and the fence.  Mr D says that it doesn't matter, I don't know, I guess he's probably right.

Can't hang them right now anyway, the 'man-child' has borrowed Mr D's drill, which makes it hard for him to hang the birdhouses!

I hope they get hung some time soon!
Mr Dean cut them from some of his scrap lumber, so easy, and they look so cute on the fence.

This is a few years ago..

They had become very dirty and the paint had faded.  It was certainly time for a 'do-over.'


I've been changing a spare bedroom into a sewing room.  When I started I thought I could get it done in a couple of days.  Let me say,  I was wrong.

It's been a couple of days and I'm still not finished, but I am close...

Did I mention, I'm also tired and ache all over!!!

Linking with Deb at Breathing in Grace

To all my blogger friends who live in Florida and Georgia, I pray you are high, dry and safe from the storm.

Until Next Time





6 comments:

  1. So very concerned about this hurricane, too. 😕 Your birdhouses look so refreshed! Do you have to make a big mess to straighten things up and reorganize? I sure do. You're gonna love having a sewing room, though. Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your cute birdhouses, Mary! We're ok where we are in Georgia,just windy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birdhouses are so cute and that's a great idea to make them out of scrap lumber. Your husband did a good job, too. I'm sorry for you guys being flooded with all that rain. Texas had its share this year, too. I wonder how winter will be. Good luck with your sewing room. I want to change our bedroom completely, but the painting is what holds me back. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! They do look pretty sharp all painted over. I changed my spare room over into a sewing room but have to share it with the dog crate, cat litter box and my computer desk. I love the quilt that the bird houses are standing against!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your prayers. We are not dry, but high enough to not be flooding and our power stayed on. Love your little bird house art. Can't wait to see a photo of them back on the fence. Such a cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what cute little birdhouses to sit on the fence! That is such a wonderful idea!!! Love it. Thank you for your concern for us in Florida. We are high and mostly dry. No major issues here and very thankful. We dodged another one, thank the Lord!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!