Friday, May 5, 2017

Friday Foto Friends

So nice to be porch-sitting again.  It's been so nice outside the past few days, very cool mornings slowly warming in the afternoon.

I found a great spot for this old trellis.  I think I'll leave there for a while.  I'm thinking I need a climbing plant to sit beside it. 

The ivy seems to be doing well, still not as healthy as I would like.  I think I will prune it a little more, if I cut that runner the top should do better.  It's the cutting from another plant that I shared with you a few weeks ago.  I just stuck it down in the dirt and hoped for the best.

I don't know what this plant is, it's a climber and already has tendrils wrapping around the trellis.  The blooms are a beautiful mixture of light and dark pink.  The picture really doesn't do it justice.

We were out for a ride and saw these bright yellow flowers at an intersection. 

Watch out for this dead end, if you don't stop you'll find yourself in the bay!!!


I wanted to close today's post with a short devotion.  My mind just isn't working this morning to write my own...but good ol' google helped me out!  I searched for one paragraph devotions and I loved the first one to come up ~ hope it touches your heart too!

A Short Devotion With Each Breath

No time to pray?  Julia Attaway has just the tip you need.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. (Psalm 150:6)

I have aspirations.
Not of grandeur or power,
but the old-fashioned kind:

I breathe.

And since every breath is a gift from God, it's a given that some portion ought to be directed back to Him. So I keep a stock of breath-long prayers on hand to use throughout the day:

Lord Jesus, I love you.

Holy Spirit, guide my words.

Father, have mercy on me.

Father, forgive me.

Jesus, help me.

Lord, I praise you.

You get the idea. One breath, one prayer. It’s a simple act that can permeate our days. We inhale an average of 15 times a minute, more than 20,000 times a day.

Try using a few of those breaths—5? 10? 20?—to exhale your love and whisper your devotion.

Until Next Time
Live Life Joyously

Linking with Deb at Breathing In Grace
For Friday Foto Friends



14 comments:

  1. Beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY want to sit on your porch with you, my Friend....HOPEfully one of these days....or, I'm betting that God will provide us with a porch with an awesome view in heaven and we can sit there to our heart's content!!! ;-) Great fotos...and a sweet devotional that really spoke to me....BREATE!! HOPE you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Mary, xan I sit with you on your porch and watch the flowers grow? Would love a cup of coffee too. :) Your one paragraph devotions blessed me too. Have a beautiful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure can Toni! Coffee is always brewing around here. Hope you have a beautiful day too.

      Delete
  4. So beautiful, Wish I were there. Pouring rain here, but we are thankful for rain also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain makes the flowers grow, so sometimes it's a good thing.

      Delete
  5. Hi Mary, Would love to join you on your pretty porch. Spring and fall we love sitting on the porch. The bright yellow flowers are Lantana. We just bought some today for our garden. I'm not sure what the vine is but it is very pretty. Wishing you a pleasant evening. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love for you to join me on the porch! If you're ever in my part of Texas come on over! Hope you're enjoying a great day.

      Delete
  6. Mary, what a lovely post. I guess we both had beautiful creations on our mind. Adding your blog to my blog roll so I do not miss any of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arlene! I have you on my blog roll too. So glad we're now blogging friends!

      Delete
  7. I love this...just breathe...Our God is there in every breath we take...every move we make...He is with us in the good times and bad...even when we just don't have it in us to say anything at all...He speaks for us. So thankful this devotion today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, yes. Beautiful. Just breathe in and breathe out. Those words say it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breath prayers really are an awesome way to praise and thank our Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it, Mary...and giggling over the "bay" stop. smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!