Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

I did a little fall decorating last week, it's always fun to open the box and remember what's in there!!

Perfect for sipping a hot cup of pumpkin spice coffee.

The yoyo roof birdhouse makes a pretty centerpiece for the kitchen table.

Mr D and I went to Baytown (just across the bridge) to pick up his prescription sunglasses, while we there we ate a The Texas Roadhouse and it was so good.  I enjoyed a sirloin steak, baked potato (fully loaded) and a salad.  Mr D had 1/2 rack of ribs, baked potato (fully loaded) and green beans.  Of course we enjoyed the rolls with the house recipe cinnamon butter. 
Yes friends, we pigged out!
AND, best of all....the appetizer....fried pickles!

Family News:
  Merica Jo had her first bath, at first she wasn't happy sitting in water, but eventually calmed down and liked it.  Now she cries when you take her out of the water!!
♫Splish splash I was takin' a bath...♬

Bible Trivia:
In 1631, a huge reprint of the King James Bible was recalled and burnt due to a single typo: the Seventh Commandment stated "Thou shalt commit adultery."
(info found on the internet)

Today's Quote:
Make no mistake: Satan’s specialty is psychological warfare. If he can turn us on God (“It’s not fair!”), or turn us on others (“It’s their fault!”), or turn us on ourselves (“I’m so stupid!”), we won’t turn on him. If we keep fighting within ourselves and losing our own inner battles, we’ll never have the strength to stand up and fight our true enemy.
Beth Moore


Today's Scripture:
The fall is often a season of waiting --
waiting for winter, waiting for the holidays,
waiting for the Super Bowl, and so on.
The apostle James captured this theme with a farming metaphor to remind us of the importance of waiting on God's timing.
 Therefore, brothers, be patient until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth and is patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains.  You also must be patient. Strengthen your hearts, because the Lord’s coming is near.
James 5:7-8

Fall of the Year

Golden and red trees
Nod to the soft breeze,
As it whispers, "Winter is near;"
And the brown nuts fall
At the wind's loud call,
For this is the Fall of the year.

Good-by, sweet flowers!
Through bright Summer hours
You have filled our hearts with cheer
We shall miss you so,
And yet you must go,
For this is the Fall of the year.

Now the days grow cold,
As the year grows old,
And the meadows are brown and sere;
Brave robin redbreast
Has gone from his nest,
For this is the Fall of the year.

I do softly pray
At the close of day,
That the little children, so dear,
May as purely grow
As the fleecy snow
That follows the Fall of the year.





9 comments:

  1. Nice post Mary. Is that your poem? It is beautiful!!! Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, that baby likes that warm water. All my girls loved their bath time. Something about that warm water that soothes one. My oldest had colic and at times the only thing that did sooth her was a warm bath. Love the pictures Miss Mary. Oh it's fun to pull out a box to see what you stashed in there. I used to could tell you everything I had placed in a box. NOW....NOPE! Now I am almost surprised that I had this or that from the precious year. LOL! The poem is beautiful. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing everyone's fall things and yours are delightful. Baby Monica is a precious bundle. It is easier when they do like their bath time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me puzzled for a bit with the yoyo roofed birdhouse. ( I'm not one who sews). The only yoyos I knew are the kind 8 year olds play with.

    I have never heard of fried pickles. Sounds very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny about the typo! I did not know that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post!! AND...we LOVE Texas Roadhouse. Our favorite appetizer is the rattlesnake bites. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Texas Roadhouse! Their loaded baked sweeet potato is my favorite! But,,,I can't eat it now that I am on a Low Carb Diet. I may have a Cheat Day coming up soon now that you've reminded me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!