Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Happy Fall Y'all

I've been 'falling' ....

I went to Hobby Lobby to purchase a birthday gift for a GLOW sister...well....I did get her a gift and I got a gift for me too!!  Hobby Lobby does that to me.

Anyway, this is what I got..
it's a round, three tier....thingy.

I had a good time placing my fall decor on each tier. I mingled little lights all over the place which really makes it pretty at night.


Come said the wind to the leaves one day...

Pea Bug loves being among all the fall colors.  He fits right it, don't you think?

Come o'er the meadows and we will play...


Put on your coats of scarlet and gold...


For autumn is here and days grow cold.


That's sweet Ollie Owl on the right!!  Deb at Breathing in Grace made him, isn't he cute?!!

“Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.”
 Lauren DeStefano



I saw an owl.
He sat in a tree.
He opened one eye.
He winked at me.


I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze,
the sweet chill of pumpkin and crisp sun burnt leaves.


Ode to a Pumpkin
I think that I shall never see,
A pumpkin so big as a tree.
A gourd that I could gut and carve
Providing food so I'd never starve.
A pumpkin so big it would be
The scariest Jack-O-Lantern all would see.
Or, I could live in it every day
Until it all would rot away.
Oh, it would be so grand to own
The biggest pumpkin ever grown.
But, it would cost to much I fret
So, I must buy what I can get.


Pretty autumn angels
Dancing all around
Frolicking through fields
Jumping up and down!


Pretty autumn angels
May I come and play
We'll have so much fun
Playing all the day!

“Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile."
 William Cullen Bryant


Until Next Time

I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze,
the sweet chill of pumpkin and crisp sun burnt leaves.




7 comments:

  1. So cute Mary, love the poems you put with it!
    Happy Fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how adorable that is! Loaded with autumny things.
    I also like how you mixed in the poetry. Fits wonderfully.
    I can imagine how lovely it is with little lights.
    Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That three-tiered "thingy" is a great idea and I love that you have created such a cute Fall display. I have trouble resisting personal purchases when I am shopping for gifts too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Mary, I love this post. The three-tiered thingy filled with all Autumn goodies is adorable and I also love the poetry that fits so well. It made my day!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Fall to you too!! I enjoyed the poems and like all your decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fall post. Love the poems and especially the pictures. Now I need to make a trip to Hobby Lobby. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!